Wird IMSCP noch weiterentwickelt?

• Starlight

That's the major problem we have with the i-MSCP community. Most of people using it don't even know how to administrate a server. They want play like admin but are definitively not.

If even you, you cannot develop a simple TOTP plugin with the skills that you have (I learned from you at begin), I'm wondering how other people could help us. BTW: Did you looked at the yubikey plugin which is sensibly the same thing? I think I've given you access for free to that plugin already, long time ago.

About documenting the API, I prefer concentrate my efforts on the full rewrite, providing well documented code base than losing time documenting very old code for nothing. I hope you understand the reasoning.

To all people: I never said that i-MSCP is past. I need time to rewrite it using new technologies (laravel, vuejs and so on...) and you need to take into consideration that from now on, I'm working (full time job). So, basically put, a full rewrite of i-MSCP is not an easy task which can be accomplished in few days. So I'll try to be more clear because some are complaining about the (done when done): I need at least 8 months to provide a new version (full rewrite using laravel, vuejs).

Now, I understand that people want continue beneficate from i-MSCP updates during that period and that why I'll provide an 1.5.3 update (test version planned for next week and which will be driven by TheCry ) to make it compatible with latest Debian. I'll also provide update for both PhpSwitcher and LetsEncrypt plugins which provide major features for the community.

I'm not here to lie. If my attention would be to let that project die, I would clearly announce that fact, searching for people able to take the relay. BUT that not the case ;)

Thank you all for reading me.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thank you for the update. I guess upgrading the packages like PMA, RL, RC /etc would be possible too? :)

I hope the plans go well, because I need to be honest. I like I-MSCP, otherwise I wouldnt support it, but I do miss the missing updates and communication.

I am not really good at programming, but I can support this project (if needed) otherwise.

Have a nice day. :)

• Sehr gut! Das sind doch mal eine eindeutige Ansage.

Es wäre doch schön, wenn man, zumindest auf Nachfrage, ab und an so ein Status Update bekommen könnte.

Danke an alle!

• Mails kann man sehr einfach per imapsync auf einen neuen Server migrieren. Das Tool ist optimal geeignet dafür.

Noch besser per rsync, da man ja auf beiden Rechner root zugang hat.

Der Ratschlag kam übrigens vom Entwickler von imapsync.

Edit:: So kann man alle Account auf einmal übertragen, und braucht nicht jedes Konto einzeln anfassen, bei Kunden wird man in der Regel ja auch die Passwörter nicht kennen.

Edited once, last by tracer ().

• TheCry

hast du schon die angekündigt Testversion bekommen? Gibt es einen neuen Wasserstand. Ich stehe im Moment vor der Entscheidung hole ich mir das phpswitcher plugin um übergangsweise wenigstens php version > 7.1 zur Verfügung zu stellen oder schaue ich mich direkt nach etwas neuen um. Fällt schwierig wenn man nicht weiß wie es weitergeht. Stretch wird ja dieses Jahr noch EOL gehen...

• Wie viele Kunden hast Du?

Bei mehr als 10 würde ich bei i-MSCP bleiben, in der Hoffnung, dass noch was passiert.

Sonst auf keyhelp migrieren.

• TheCry

hast du schon die angekündigt Testversion bekommen? Gibt es einen neuen Wasserstand. Ich stehe im Moment vor der Entscheidung hole ich mir das phpswitcher plugin um übergangsweise wenigstens php version > 7.1 zur Verfügung zu stellen oder schaue ich mich direkt nach etwas neuen um. Fällt schwierig wenn man nicht weiß wie es weitergeht. Stretch wird ja dieses Jahr noch EOL gehen...

Nein.. Es liegen noch keine neuen Informationen von Nuxwin vor. Ich warte selbst auf die angepasste Version

• Wie viele Kunden hast Du?

Bei mehr als 10 würde ich bei i-MSCP bleiben, in der Hoffnung, dass noch was passiert.

Sonst auf keyhelp migrieren.

Mal davon abgesehen das es gerade eh nicht erfreulich ist wie es läuft, muss eine offensive Abwerbung nicht sein. Wenn Dir keyhelp so gefällt, dann unterstütze dort und unterlasse diese Art und Weise, hier Member abzuwerben.

• Nuxwin

Closed the thread.