i-MSCP (1.5.x) installation failures on Debian 9.5

• Hello,

I try to install i-mscp in Version 1.5.x on an Debian 9.5 PC

The first error happens when i try to install mysql. The installation crashes with the Info the "mysql/mariadb...." also a new try with the perl imscp-autoinstall -dr fails with the same error.

After a new installation of Debian (i wanted a clean PC) iI tried to choose mariadb and it works. If the installation process is ready i reboot the PC and oh ... no connection to the Internet... i check with ifconfig and so the LAN-Adapter is away. No LAN only lo is up and running.

So i tryed es till now 6 times and my PC is being newly installed the7th time today.

I tryed it with 1.5.1 an there is the same.

Thank you for helping me :)

• I try to install i-mscp in Version 1.5.x on an Debian 9.5 PC

You mean the GIT version from our github repository?

The first error happens when i try to install mysql. The installation crashes with the Info the "mysql/mariadb...." also a new try with the perl imscp-autoinstall -dr fails with the same error.

We need the exact error, else, we cannot help...

After a new installation of Debian (i wanted a clean PC) iI tried to choose mariadb and it works. If the installation process is ready i reboot the PC and oh ... no connection to the Internet... i check with ifconfig and so the LAN-Adapter is away. No LAN only lo is up and running.

So i tryed es till now 6 times and my PC is being newly installed the7th time today.

1. Well, first, it is a TRUE debian server installation without any X server or do you try to install i-MSCP on a Debian with a X server (desktop)?
    2. Before installing i-MSCP, what was the content of your /etc/network/interfaces file?

Please provide us with all relevant information, else, we cannot help.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Changed the title of the thread from “Install in Debian 9.5 failed” to “i-MSCP (1.5.x) installation failures on Debian 9.5”.
  • Nuxwin

Added the Label wait for reply
  • Hello Nuxwin,

yes i try to install on an Server with X.

The /etc/network/interfaces is:

The next time i install the Server without X and try it. But i thinkk i use the GIT-Version in the Future.

Thank you...

• TiDschay

So, there is a problem with the DB schema. I'll check that this evening.

To be sure:

You tried on debian Stretch, with i-MSCP 1.5.x and you have chossen MySQL 5.7, right?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Yes, I can confirm is just happened to me on a freshly installed debian Strech server and Mysql DB 5.7.

My System

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0