imscp discontinued?

• Tag zusammen,

Ich schaue gerade nach einigen Jahren wieder rein weil wir überlegen imscp fürs Hosting einzusetzen. Wenn ich hier durch die Foren gucke gibts kaum noch replies in den Beiträgen und das letzte Release von imscp ist ewig her.

Wurde das Projekt eingestellt?

Gruß Pinky

• https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…ases/tag/1.5.3-2018120800

Das letzte Release ist von 2018.

Keine Sicherheitsupdates / Patches / Fixes oder gar Fortschritt in der Software in der Zwischenzeit? Full-Rewrite ist ja nett, darauf habe ich mich schon gefreut als ich vor Jahren hier ausgestiegen bin. Aber dass die Software seit ~1 Jahr überhaupt nicht weiterentwickelt wurde (für uns Benutzer sichtbar) klingt für mich schon danach als wäre das Projekt aufgegeben worden.

• https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…ases/tag/1.5.3-2018120800

Das letzte Release ist von 2018.

Keine Sicherheitsupdates / Patches / Fixes oder gar Fortschritt in der Software in der Zwischenzeit? Full-Rewrite ist ja nett, darauf habe ich mich schon gefreut als ich vor Jahren hier ausgestiegen bin. Aber dass die Software seit ~1 Jahr überhaupt nicht weiterentwickelt wurde (für uns Benutzer sichtbar) klingt für mich schon danach als wäre das Projekt aufgegeben worden.

I've now a full time job so I cannot spend much time on the forum. I prefer work on the full rewrite on my free time .

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Die Idee finde ich zwar gut, aber ich finde das zu mindestens die Packages von i-MSCP auf den neusten Stand gebracht werden können (pma, rainloop, etc.).

Ich weiß, dass dies auch manuell geht aber es wäre dennoch schön zu sehen das zu mindestens etwas Wartung für die Bestandteile gemacht wird. :)

Have a nice day. :)

• Nuxwin , I like the idea of a rewrite with Laravel and Vuejs.

I've already asked you if there are mor infos (Laravel rewrite), but if we don't get any informations about the rewrite we can't help you.

How can I help to maintain the new source code?

Shouldn't we discuss if Laravel + Vuejs is the best solution?

What's about the design and principles of the software, before we start coding?

Which modules/functionality should the software contain (API, multiserver, plugin system, etc.)?

There's a lot more which should be discussed in collective. Maybe you do that already but people which are new to this project can't see that and it's very hard to get on. Otherwise this project will stay a one-man-show and the problem that nobody can maintain the main code will persist.

• suhype

I will try to provide an understandable specification for everyone in the next few days regarding rewriting. Maybe vuejs is not the right choice here since it requires a lot of learning effort. The choice regarding it could change. On the other hand, for Laravel, this choice will not change. The vuejs problem is that I'm not going to find many people to help me whereas if we use something like blade, with a better known javascript framework, maybe we could get more support. Anyway, at first the development will concern the backend part (model, API ...).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Thank you very much for the reply. I also think Laravel is the right desicion. And it would be cool if I could use my knowledge to help you with the API design and the implementation as I have some experience with this.

I also have one project with API and Vuejs in the frontend and I'm not sure if it's the right desicion as it has a lot of overhead. In the other hand you have a lot of freedom.

I just can think of Angular as another good choice.