PhpSwitcher and PHP 7.2

• You should be able to make use of Beta/RC versions if these are packaged by Ondřej Surý.

then everything is fine. I am not too muhc of a fan of self compiling anyway, especially with the dependecies that can get messy, depending on what you compile

asperger inside(tm)

• The plugin will accept PHP version layout as implemented by Debian. Debian make use of a fixed layout for multi PHP versions support. So yes, with the new PhpSwitcher plugin version, you should be able to just rerun the php_manager --auto-setup <version> command to add the new version and make it available for customers. I'll see if I can add a trigger through the PhpSwitcher GUI for auto discovering of new versions.

That is another story. You should be able to make use of Beta/RC versions if these are packaged by Ondřej Surý. Don't forget that for the self-compiled versions, we need provide a set of patches for each PHP versions as the default PHP installation layout doesn't fit good for Debian (Multiarch support, FTBFS issues and so on...). You also surely know the issues with patches: They need sometime (to not say often) be refreshed... This is due to fact that a fix provided by a patch can be integrated to PHP upstream source, or that there was too many changes in upstream source, making the patches unapplyable...

One Question, i would need the PHP-Switcher.

Should i use it or should i wait for new I-MSCP Update.

If i Use PHP Switcher can i install new coming I-MSCP Update (1.6 or 2.0) which i can convert the PHP-Switcher Versions to integrated Versions?

Thanks

• One Question, i would need the PHP-Switcher.

Should i use it or should i wait for new I-MSCP Update.

If i Use PHP Switcher can i install new coming I-MSCP Update (1.6 or 2.0) which i can convert the PHP-Switcher Versions to integrated Versions?

Thanks

i-MSCP only provide one PHP version at time. The PhpSwitcher plugin allows your customer to switch between several PHP versions on a per site basis. The PhpSwitcher plugin will be provided for next i-MSCP versions as well.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello,

I have some basic questions regarding the PHP Versions and the PHPSwitcher Plugin.

Right now everything in running with version 5.6 on iMSCP 1.5.3, will this version be updated in a next iMSCP release automatically? (Because it will be an outdated version)
    Or do we have to update the PHP version always by ourselves?

If we do an update from 5.6 to say 7.3, all of our hosted sites would have to use this version, right?
    With the PHPSwitcher we can set which version to use for each customer we added, right?

So if we have the PHPSwitcher we will be more fleixble on which kind of PHP version to use, that is the advantage but we cannot always update to the newest PHP version like 7.3 because it is only 7.1 supported at the moment.

Is that correct or am understanding something wrong.

• You can choose the default PHP version though i-MSCP installer. (currently 5.6, 7.0, 7.1)

Command:

Code
    1. /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -dr php

This will be your and your customer's default php version, so be carefull what you choose.

If you want multiple php version at the same time for your customers, you need PhpSwitcher plugin.

Btw Nuxwin, we need 7.2 support at this time. Any progress with this?

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• Btw Nuxwin, we need 7.2 support at this time. Any progress with this?

Still in progress... I'm working at many levels... Hard... Will try to deliver an update for the current i-MSCP version next week. Sorry for the delays...

• Hej Dylan, thank you for your reply.

So basically the steps would be, buying the PHPSwitcher Plugin, then installing it and then we will see it in the backend menu (where exactly?) and we can set the PHP version for each customer seperately. For example after installation, nothing changes with the current version yet, we go to one customer and change it to 7.1, then it will be set only for this customer and we also don't have to use code to change it but can do it easily in the backend?

• Hej Dylan, thank you for your reply.

So basically the steps would be, buying the PHPSwitcher Plugin, then installing it and then we will see it in the backend menu (where exactly?) and we can set the PHP version for each customer seperately. For example after installation, nothing changes with the current version yet, we go to one customer and change it to 7.1, then it will be set only for this customer and we also don't have to use code to change it but can do it easily in the backend?

You should read the PhpSwitcher plugin documentation to understand how it works currently.

Basically put, the PhpSwitcher plugin make it possible to provide self-compiled PHP versions for your customers.

In order

1. You install the plugin through the plugin management interface (Admin UI level)
    2. As root user, you run the PHP compiler in automatic mode such as: perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl --auto-setup 5.6 7.0 7.1

Your customers can now select the PHP version they want to use of each of their websites. The plugin provides a dedicated interface for PHP versions selection (Client UI level).

Extended documentation is available at https://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.php?id=plugins:phpswitcher

In next version, you'll be able to setup PHP versions as provided by Debian packages in the plugin without having to rely on self-compiled PHP versions.

• Basically you should resolve it with:

Code
    1. apt-get install libgd-dev libgd2-xpm-dev

But the you should ensure that you don't have any broken packages or pending packages before proceeding...