SpamAssassin

• Yeah I read it but not worked for me until now :P

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04LTS what doesn't use dkim-filter, but using opendkim so I changed your code

Code
    1. aptitude install libaprutil1-dbd-mysql razor libnet-dns-perl libmailtools-perl spamc spamassassin libmail-dkim-perl dkim-filter clamsmtp libtie-cache-perl libdbd-mysql-perl pyzor

to:

Code
    1. aptitude install libaprutil1-dbd-mysql razor libnet-dns-perl libmailtools-perl spamc spamassassin libmail-dkim-perl opendkim clamsmtp libtie-cache-perl libdbd-mysql-perl pyzor

After the mysql can't create these sql-s
    mysql -u spamassassin -p spamassassin < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin/sql/awl_mysql.sql
    mysql -u spamassassin -p spamassassin < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin/sql/userpref_mysql.sql
    mysql -u spamassassin -p spamassassin < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin/sql/bayes_mysql.sql

because the spamassassin user doesn't have create right, so i modified your script

Code
    1. insert into db (Host, Db, User, Select_priv, Insert_priv, Update_priv, Delete_priv) values('localhost','spamassassin','spamassassin','Y','Y','Y','Y');

to:

Code
    1. insert into db (Host, Db, User, Create_priv, Select_priv, Insert_priv, Update_priv, Delete_priv) values('localhost','spamassassin','spamassassin', 'Y','Y','Y','Y','Y');

after the import the mysql said there is an error in mysql syntax (not your fault) so i chaged the TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM in evry .sql files.

Now the installing OK however I installed Amavis instead of ClamSMTP :P

Ps: I attached the modified sqls, so you can download it and just copy over usr/share/doc/spamassassin/sql/

Files

• sql.zip

(1.17 kB, downloaded 32 times, last: )

Edited once, last by gabesz86 ().

• I just wanted to mention I really would appreciate sa-integration in i-mscp ;) It's just unbelievable how much spam comes through without...

• I just wanted to mention I really would appreciate sa-integration in i-mscp ;) It's just unbelievable how much spam comes through without...

Hi guys,

i used the how-to from BeNe with gabesz86 sql databases & the user-right fix on my i-mscp 1.1.0-rc4.7 server. (Debian 7)

If i choose settings/spam in roundcube i get this error:

SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!

Error No. [600]

And if i click on "filter" there is connection error.

"could not connect to managesieve server"

What do i need to do to fix this?

Thx for your help!

• Hi,
    Thanks to instructions found in the wiki, spamassassin integration is quite easy.
    The only missing feature is the "sa-learn" part. The "markasjunk2" plugin looks very interesting, but is quite useless out of the box, since the sa-learn commands are missing.
    Does anyone managed to configure it to work with i-MSCP? (dovecot virtual domains and users ?)

• Just as hint: spamassassin needs to be trained (at least basically) to perform well. It needs tons of spam to render its spam-propability-scoring reliable.
    In that order I advised my clients to put all their spam into a junk-directory. Every 2hrs (cronjob) spamassassin gets trained via sa-learn by scanning all these junk-folders recursively. For sure I also implemented a ham-folder for false-positives.

I don't know how exactly you implemented the plugin (didn't have a look at it as I'm using my own integration) but if you don't use sa-learn so far, use it because it's worth it :-) However, if it's already activated forget my post :-)