Php switcher new php versions cant build.

• Code
    1. Or is it given where to put it? Because I got the deb files and installed everything with the dpkg -i command.

/var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler# dpkg -i libargon2-0_0~20161029-1.1_amd64.deb (Reading database ... 110460 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack libargon2-0_0~20161029-1.1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking libargon2-0:amd64 (0~20161029-1.1) over (0~20161029-1.1) ...

Setting up libargon2-0:amd64 (0~20161029-1.1) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1.2) ...

And this:

forking: rm -rf /var/cache/pbuilder/build/cow.7535

[ERROR] main: An error occurred while executing MAKE(1) target(s) for PHP 5.6.40: I: unlink for ilistfile /var/cache/pbuilder/build/cow.7535/.ilist failed, it didn't exist?

W: no hooks of type H found -- ignoring

gpg: requesting key E5267A6C from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com

gpg: key E5267A6C: public key "Launchpad PPA for Ond\xc5\x99ej Sur▒" imported

gpg: Total number processed: 1

gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1)

Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1

Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 1

Investigating (0) imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps [ amd64 ] < 1.0 > ( devel )

Broken imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64 Depends on libargon2-dev [ amd64 ] < none -> > ( none )

Removing imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64 because I can't find libargon2-dev:amd64

Broken imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64 Depends on libargon2-0-dev [ amd64 ] < none -> > ( none )

Removing imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64 because I can't find libargon2-0-dev:amd64

Or group remove for imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64

Broken imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64 Depends on libpcre2-dev [ amd64 ] < none -> 10.21-1 > ( universe/libdevel ) (>= 10.30)

Removing imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64 because I can't find libpcre2-dev:amd64

Done

Starting pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0

Starting 2 pkgProblemResolver with broken count: 0

Done

mk-build-deps: Unable to install imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps at /usr/bin/mk-build-deps line 402.

mk-build-deps: Unable to install all build-dep packages

• Code
    1. Or is it given where to put it? Because I got the deb files and installed everything with the dpkg -i command.

Removing imscp-psw-php5.6-build-deps:amd64 because I can't find libpcre2-dev:amd64

broken installation & package dependencies

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/libpcre2-dev

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/libargon2-0-dev

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/libpcre2-dev

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/libargon2-0-dev

• Hello,
    I recommend using the php repository from sury.org. It works great and at least I have access to the latest PHP via the manual package installer from apt / aptitude / apt-get. I currently have versions from 5.6 to 8.1 inclusive. You just need to install a few packages with the FPM module (required). Way better than the classic method in this add-on.

• Welcome,

I am much more comfortable with the debian packages from sury.org than the combination with the compilation and without the latest PHP, unless I write some patches and embrace the automation. A waste of time but insists .... :)

• Hello,
    I recommend using the php repository from sury.org. It works great and at least I have access to the latest PHP via the manual package installer from apt / aptitude / apt-get. I currently have versions from 5.6 to 8.1 inclusive. You just need to install a few packages with the FPM module (required). Way better than the classic method in this add-on.

Did you find a way to install php 8.2 even from source code ?

• Hello,

currently not as I use the native method in Debian by installing packages manually via apt/aptitude. It works very well, even better than from the source. I currently have PHP from 5.6 to 8.3rc6 inclusive.