Posts by fulltilt

    it seems ubuntu is a little uncomfortable in the basic configuration, I have already disabled a few services:

    what about this stuff ... should these be set disabled too?

    - haveged.service

    - apt-daily-upgrade.timer

    - apt-daily.timer

    - motd-news.timer

    - keyboard-setup.service

    any further recommendations for the basic ubuntu optimization?

    Distributor ID: Ubuntu

    Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

    Release: 18.04

    Codename: bionic

    IMSCP: latest 1.5.3

    Default configuration

    it seems there is a problem with nginx systemd startup ...

    1. Dec 04 12:23:44 host33 systemd[1]: Starting A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server...
    2. Dec 04 12:23:44 host33 nginx[720]: nginx: [emerg] bind() to failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)
    3. Dec 04 12:23:44 host33 nginx[720]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    4. Dec 04 12:23:44 host33 systemd[1]: nginx.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
    5. Dec 04 12:23:44 host33 systemd[1]: nginx.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    6. Dec 04 12:23:44 host33 systemd[1]: Failed to start A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server

    service nginx restart

    works only until the next system boot

    any idea?

    I bought a new server which needs a debian10 or a ubuntu 18.04 installation because of a special network card driver which is not available for debian 9 ... if possible I want to keep this server (great performance) and use ubuntu 18.04 instead of debian. I have never used ubuntu before as a server installation - do you think I can use it with current IMSCP 1.5.3 and plugins like PHPswitcher, Letsencrypt & whmcs and can I migrate a IMSCP debian8 system (mariadb 10.0) into a new ubuntu 18.04 installation?

    I have updated 10 systems (OS update) 9 of those included a kernel update and one newer system without a kernel update. For the system w/o kernel update, a dialog window appeared and asked should the existing clamav config overwriten yes / no ... for all the other systems, no dialog window was displayed.

    I guess some startup parameters have changed, after a manual "service camav-milter restart" clamav seems to be working, but I have not tested a system reboot yet.

    - IMSCP: 1.5.3 (latest)

    - Distribution: Debian 9

    - Proftpd

    - PHP FPM

    - MariaDB 10.1

    - Dovecot

    - Roundcube

    - Web2FTP

    - Plugins:

    PMA Captcha, RoundCubePlugins, SpamAssassin , LetsEncrypt, PHPswitcher, ClamAV

    after a debian update (incl. clamav) and reboot today, the clamav-milter does not seem to start properly. I started the clamav daemon manually after the system reboot, seems to be running but somewhere it seems that something has changed in the start configurations.