HowTo: I-MSCP 1.5.3 installation on Debian 10

• But: I cannot create folder access control, and switching the language is not possible, it stays on "browser detected" (Automatisch (Browsereinstellung)).

hmm. I don't experience these problems ...

the language setting could be caused by a browser or cookie (session) issue

for the mount point problem, please check your imscp database (all tables) for status ok w/ PMA and regenerate all configs afterwards:

• Thanks for the reply.

I fixed the mount point by altering document_root in the database, running "perl imscp-reconfigure -r httpd" afterwards. That works for the moment.

I switched accepted language to english on top in Chrome, so language is also working sort of.

I created the password manually using .htaccess/.htpasswd.

I tried to investigate the problem, it seem the error is thrown here:

/var/www/imscp/gui/public/client/domain_edit.php

Code
    1. 242 if ($documentRoot !== '/' && !$vfs->exists($documentRoot, VirtualFileSystem::VFS_TYPE_DIR)) {
    2. 243 set_page_message(tr('The new document root must pre-exists inside the /htdocs directory.'), 'error');
    3. 244 return false;
    4. 245 }

I enabled debug mode to prevent caching, commented the error message assignment and changed the return value to ture, but the error remains.

So there seems to be broken something in the VirtualFilesystem class in relation to buster.

I'll chekc deeper into it when I have more time, but for the moment it's good enough to continue my project.

• tracer

which PHP version is set as standard?

I followed the instructions from page 1.

So PHP 7.0.

I switched the CLI to 7.4 later as it is required by symfony 5.2/composer, but that shouldn't matter for the GUI, should it?

Checked the panel, 7.0.33 is still set as default.

• Thanks for this howto, everything seems to work next to the filemanager and adding ftp users...could not retrieve directory listing. I am working on that part to find and fix the issue. But at least with this plugins work and everything seems to be working the way it should.

EDIT: Found the cause for file manager and adding ftp accounts not working. proftpd for some reason will not start. Now to find the reason.

Edited once, last by Eyecu ().

• Thanks for this howto, everything seems to work next to the filemanager and adding ftp users...could not retrieve directory listing. I am working on that part to find and fix the issue. But at least with this plugins work and everything seems to be working the way it should.

EDIT: Found the cause for file manager and adding ftp accounts not working. proftpd for some reason will not start. Now to find the reason.

Hi,

I do not know if this error is related to you observation. After each login as user I get the following error mail:

My proftpd service is running, though:

Code
    1. service proftpd status
    2. ● proftpd.service - LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon
    3. Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/proftpd; generated)
    4. Active: active (exited) since Sun 2020-09-06 15:47:23 CEST; 3h 42min ago
    5. Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    6. Process: 938 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/proftpd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Do you have any idea what is causing the issue? This is new since the Debian 10 upgrade.

• try doing

/etc/init.d/proftpd stop

/etc/init.d/proftpd start

I found with it for over an hour trying to restart proftpd and when i stopped it and started it again that solved it for me.

• Here is the output after stopping and starting and having a look at the service status:

Code
    1. service proftpd status
    2. ● proftpd.service - LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon
    3. Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/proftpd; generated)
    4. Active: active (exited) since Mon 2020-09-07 15:55:31 CEST; 42s ago
    5. Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    6. Process: 132951 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/proftpd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    7. Sep 07 15:55:31 cloudserv111 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon...
    8. Sep 07 15:55:31 cloudserv111 proftpd[132951]: ProFTPD warning: cannot start neither in standalone nor in inetd/xinetd mode. Check your configuration.
    9. Sep 07 15:55:31 cloudserv111 systemd[1]: Started LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon.

Does anybody of you know how to get the default configuration or load the one used in I-MSCP?

Thanks!