i-HMS ersetzt i-mscp? Weiter kostenfrei?

• Ich kenne das Ganze ja auch noch von vhcs und ispcp; es war enorm buggy und ich musste von Hand einige Sachen anpassen, bis das so halbwegs gut lief. Es ist wirklich enorm, was Laurent daraus gemacht hat - muss man ihm hoch anrechnen. Auch war er phasenquasi quasi immer bis spät in die Nacht erreichbar und hat Support gegeben. Wirklich krass, kann ich nicht anders sagen. Mir persönlich war die Verzahnung irgendwann eher zu tief im System. D.h. bis vor ein paar Jahren habe ich mir immer alles auf Gentoo portiert, aber das war dann irgendwann nicht mehr machbar und ich habe dann auf Ubuntu gewechselt. Gut, hat Laurent irgendwann so entschieden und soll hier auch nicht als Kritikpunkt angeführt werden; habe mich dran gewöhnt und läuft ja auch gut unter Ubuntu. Der Automatisierungsgrad war mir irgendwann quasi schon zu hoch. Das hat ganz klar auch Leute angezogen, für die imscp quasi die Nanny war und die keinerlei Ahnung von Webhosting hatten. Hier ist ja phasenweise wirklich jeder Mist im Forum gelandet. Diese umfassende Hilfsbereitschaft für diese Leute haben (meiner subjektiven Ansicht nach - da möge ich falsch liegen) Laurent viel Kraft gekostet und sind vielleicht nicht zuletzt der Grund, weswegen das Ganze ins krasse Gegenteil umgeschlagen ist: Arroganz und Verhöhnung (nicht mir gegenüber, aber aufgefallen ist es mir schon).

Womit ich auch beim Thema bin:

Was ich für meinen Teil nicht verstehe ist dieses intransparente und teils schon verhöhnende Verhalten. Also warum man nicht die Karten auf den Tisch legt und halt einfach sagt, wie es aussieht. Die ganze Anerkennung, die er sich sicherlich redlich verdient hat, schlägt hier sukzessive immer mehr in Unmut über. Ob es am Projektzustand etwas geändert hätte, mit sowas offener umzugehen, ist freilich unklar. Aber besser als "verbrannte Erde" wäre es auf jeden Fall gewesen. Mir persönlich ist Laurent, auch wenn ich für Plugins bezahlt habe, ganz sicher nichts schuldig. Aber vielleicht sich selbst und seiner Arbeit!?

Wie auch immer: Ich habe imscp unter Ubuntu 18.04 LTS laufen. Das wird bis 2023 unterstützt und ich habe keine Eile. Ich werde mal abwarten, ob sich hier noch etwas tut. Wenn nicht, dann werde ich schauen, dass ich das Ganze unter 22.04 LTS zum Laufen kriege. Es ist dann halt keine Weiterentwicklung, aber da kann ich mit leben. Einen kompletten Fork kann und will ich nicht als one-man-show leisten. Mich an einem Projekt zu beteiligen und dafür im Gegenzug verschiedene Zusammenhänge von imscp erklärt zu bekommen (statt sie mir mühsam zu erarbeiten) könnte ich mir indes vorstellen.

• Wie auch immer: Ich habe imscp unter Ubuntu 18.04 LTS laufen. Das wird bis 2023 unterstützt und ich habe keine Eile. Ich werde mal abwarten, ob sich hier noch etwas tut. Wenn nicht, dann werde ich schauen, dass ich das Ganze unter 22.04 LTS zum Laufen kriege. Es ist dann halt keine Weiterentwicklung, aber da kann ich mit leben. Einen kompletten Fork kann und will ich nicht als one-man-show leisten. Mich an einem Projekt zu beteiligen und dafür im Gegenzug verschiedene Zusammenhänge von imscp erklärt zu bekommen (statt sie mir mühsam zu erarbeiten) könnte ich mir indes vorstellen.

Sieht bei mir genau so aus. Also natürlich nicht das mit Ubuntu, aber ich würde mich beim Coden beteiligen. Nur fehlt mir ein Überblick über den internen Aufbau von i-MSCP.

• exactly!

it is not only about a fork, you can just fork it on github and go on. but to maintain a project, there is a lot more to do. in first place the organization and management.

most OS projects fail not because for lack of code-contributions, but because for lack of organization and a solid leadership. as far anyone can bring that in, there will be no successful fork.

so in your opinion if there is an organization now here, can the project continue to grow? but who puts the code? oorganizing the thing it takes very little the problem for coem I see it is who develops

Notelseit.com

• Good morning,

I've been involved in that project since several years, starting with VHCS, then ispCP and now i-MSCP.

i-MSCP provides several layers which were not part from ispCP. This has been a hard work to add these layers such as the plugin management layer, the event system and so on...

However, this is not really a one man show. joximu is right when he say that working with me is not easy. This is because I'm a bit rigid and also because i-MSCP involves several programming languages such as Perl, PHP, C, Bash but not that all. i-MSCP also requires Debian expertise and more generally, GNU linux expertise, including knowledge of all software involved in hosting (http server, smtp, imap, pop, ftp servers and so on ...). This is not so easy to known all about these "technologies". It is really easy to say: I'll do a fork... Ok, I'm fine with this but one thing remain each time someone tried to make a fork of the project: The lack of knowledge...

On the current situation: The project is not dead. This is not because you don't see anything on the forum that we are not working behing the scene. i-MSCP is in a rewriting period. A full rewrite is not something that can be done in few months.

I'm working hand in hand with some of my colleagues on the full rewrite:

• db schema
    • API
    • backend
    • Frontend

For those people which are really developers, they can think a bit about the work needed to deliver a new version. We cannot only type on a keyboard without any thinking. First there is the specification to write (what we want, what the clients need, what we need to make it, how we can do and so on...). Then, there is a reflexion period on which technologies we need to use (PHP, Perl, framework, libraries...).

Also the next version need to provide docker support and be cloud ready, so this is something totally new that need to be integrated from the begin.

About me

These last two years, my personal life changed:

---> A full time job (I'll talk more about that below)

---> A new girl friend

---> A move to a new city

---> A baby project

About my full time job

I'm working for a firm that provide accounting software for oil tankers (TOTAL, ENI, AVIA, BP...). This is not an easy work. That why I've been a bit away from here. However, I'm now in a new life step. I'll surely leave that job really soon to concentrate my effort on i-MSCP, working for an d IT compagny which rely on i-MSCP.

I cannot say anything more here. I'm still there. i-MSCP is not dead.

BTW: For those people which want fork, just do it but please, don't use our forums to talk about this.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• In reality nobody wants to fork, but they want you and the community to be more present, from the latest version to today there is a need to make some bugfixes well give the possibility to others to be able to add them or create a correct update version by taking the various bug reports on the forum, while you can devote yourself to development, no one is pointing the finger at you indeed we are wondering how you are no longer here with us in this project that we all believe.

You're right, nobody can have the necessary knowledge but together we can ... in addition to restructuring IMSCP, the forum and git should also be restructured so that the community grows and flourishes again as it once was

Notelseit.com

• I cannot say anything more here. I'm still there. i-MSCP is not dead.

BTW: For those people which want fork, just do it but please, don't use our forums to talk about this.

Personally I would love to help with i-MSCP than to work on a fork. But, there are issues.

Stretch support will end and i-MSCP doesn't work (on a test from me) reliable on Buster.

• theprincy

People could fork, then make some pull requests but I've a new for you: Nobody help. They only talk about we should do that and this. That so easy to talk.. There is no really a community here. There is end users that don't really known what they're talking about. Not so grave for me but this is the reality. I'm open for any contribution. Just start with pull requests ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• theprincy

There is no really a community here.

on this I fully agree

There is end users that don't really known what they're talking about.

True, there are people who are only interested in having a panel that works, like the plesk or the cpannel who do not understand the difference between a domain and a subdomain or an email or a very true redirect, but among these there will be someone who, studying and learning, can give a hand ... I 20 years ago did not know a h of mambo / joomla and even with the passage of time I arrived in the dev team of virtuemart and mambo, this to tell you we do not take anything for granted in things, I cheer for you and for i-mscp I broke your balls (sorry for the term) different on even basic things but now I don't ask you anymore because thanks to you and your passing of notions I have expanded my knowledge and this when the comunity is it was ... I also wrote it to you on facebook .. we saw your lack of presence and the forum and the comunity suffered there was total abandonment except for those two or three people who publish the solutions to those bugs that have arisen in this period of your absence

Just start with pull requests

with real pleasure

Notelseit.com

• Is there a timeline? How is the state of dev? 10,20,30 or 80%?