Update to i-MSCP 1.3.8 Success

• i-MSCP 1.3.8
    Debian 8.6
    PHP 5.6
    PHP-FPM

I see posts describing problems with updating to new versions of i-MSCP, so I decided to post I have updated to 1.3.8 with no issues what so ever. Nice, easy and seamless. No errors at all. It is pretty simple and straight forward. It is a must to read errata data prior to beginning update to see if anything special is needed before and sometimes after update is completed.

I run apt-get and update my system. I disable all my plugins, stop imscp_panel and run update. Easy as pie IMHO ...

Keep up the great work ... :D

“Life is all an Elaborate Hoax”

• @texxasrulez

Thank you for your feedback. That always a pleasure to see someone that don't need to be educated and that is happy with i-MSCP and our work ;)

BTW: I hope you do not have deactivated the LetsEncrypt plugin or that you don't use it for the control panel and/or services certificates. See https://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.p…ces_ftp_imap_pop_and_smtp for the reason ;)

The important part is:

Code
    1. Note that it is important to not disable this plugin when updating or reconfiguring i-MSCP because there is an event listener that replace the default SSL certificates by the Let's Encrypt SSL certificates. If the LetsEncrypt plugin is disabled, the event listener won't be registered and so, the SSL certificates won't be replaced.

If it was also deactivated, you should reactivate it and run perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv

Edit: All this section is maybe useless after all (through the event listener too)... I should check in i-MSCP core but normally, SSL certificates added by the LetsEncrypt plugin for the control panel and/or services won't be replaced by the i-MSCP installer if they are still valid. TO BE CONFIRMED :?:

Thank you again for your feedback.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I do totally appreciate i-MSCP and all its developers. I used i-MSCP for a while before I even registered as a user to make sure I figured it out before I started posting and asking questions.

I remember reading to not disable lets encrypt but slipped my mind. It sucks getting old. 8| Thanks for pointing that out. I have no issues with cert being overwritten. It works perfectly. I even closed my browser and cleared cache just to thoroughly test and is fine. So maybe this is a confirmation.

This makes for a good update guide. So would it be safe to say to disable all plugins except LetsEncrypt if you are using it for panel and services before an update? That is unless something is pointed out in errata data of course ...

Many Thanks to you all .... :thumbsup:

• @texxasrulez

The "rule" is: You must deactivate a plugin before updating only if that is explicitely asked in the errata file, or if a specific error related to a plugin is raised (for any reason) during the update/reconfiguration phase.

There are plugins that register event listeners for events that are triggered during i-MSCP update/reconfiguration phase. If you disable the plugins, the listeners won't do their job and thus, parts of configuration that are normally injected by these plugins won't be while they are needed to make them working as expected. Fortunately, any good developer should cover such a case and ensure that all is ok when the plugin get reactivated.

Thank you for the confirmation ;)

BTW: Sorry for my wronglish ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• That makes it very clear to me now. The only mention I see in errata is to disable InstantSSH if older than 5.0 and CronJobs ...

Nothing wrong with your "wronglish ". I understand you better than some people that only speak english in USA. I am a Texan and we speak our own language anyway, so I have learned to adapt. 8)

As always, many thanks and keep up the great work.

• Hi,

here the same from 1.3.7 - 1.3.8 with no errors

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0