Please help - update i-MSCP to run on new system

• Hi guys

I don't know where to post - hope it's ok here.

There are some people who are interested in running i-MSCP on newer platforms like Debian 11 Bullseye or the respective Ubuntu and Devuan releases...

I took the last 1.5.3-maintenance (Dec 31 2021) and with a few changes it's installable on Debian Bullseye - even the click on every page seems to be ok (thanks to aadehan for the correction of the services.php - I'm sure also the other commits on his custom branch will be worthy), also the pages with the ticketing system will load now.

Now we need testers:

- older Debian (Buster and maybe Stretch) and especially the supported Ubuntu versions and maybe Devuan (I'll check Devuan - it's on my focus).

- find update problems
    - find problems with plugins...

- find other problems.... or update parts with newer versions...

I'm not very used to git but if everyone who is interested can contribute a little bit we should be able to keep this piece of software running...

https://github.com/joximu/imscp/tree/1.5.3-maintenance-joxi

Update (2022-06-07): Debian 10 Buster and Debian 9 Stretch are fine with a new installation.

/Joximu

Edited once, last by joximu ().

• thank you very much for your work!

upgrade from Debian 9 (i-mscp nginx PHP version 7.0)

Code
    1. Servers::php::preinstall: Couldn't stop the php8.1-fpm service: Couldn't resolve the php8.1-fpm unit: Couldn't resolve the php8.1-fpm SysVinit script at /usr/local/src/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi/engine/PerlLib/iMSCP/Service.pm line 205.
    2. at /usr/local/src/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi/engine/PerlLib/iMSCP/Service.pm line 205.
    3. at /usr/local/src/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi/engine/PerlLib/Servers/php.pm line 91.

PHP 8.0 and 8.1 packages missing in stretch packages file e.g.

php8.0-fpm

php8.1-fpm

etc.

These are required for an upgrade with a standard stretch system when PHP 8.0 & 8.1 packages are not already installed.

When PHPswitcher plugin is installed, a few changes must be made to the plugin before upgrading

After these changes the upgrade process finished successful ...

However, after the first login as administrator I see an error message (on login page)

An unexpected error occurred

An unexpected error occurred. Please contact your administrator.

### edit ###

with debug enabled it shows:

An exception has been thrown in file /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Navigation/Page.php at line 503:

Invalid argument: $target must be a string or null

Edited 2 times, last by fulltilt ().

• fulltilt, I updated your code with latest releases.

Edited once, last by Starlight ().

• Good afternoon everyone

I'm installing a new version on a new system and I'm getting this error

│ An unexpected error occurred during the following step: │

│ │

│ Executing Package::WebmailClients preinstall tasks... │

│ │

│ Error was: │

│ │

│ Package::WebmailClients::Roundcube::Handler::preinstall: Couldn't install Roundcube Javascript dependencies: ERROR: Failed to download source file from │

https://download.tiny.cloud/ti…mmunity/tinymce_4.5.8.zip at /var/www/imscp/engine/PerlLib/Package/WebmailClients/Roundcube/Handler.pm line 138. │

│ │

Another attempt has been made

[ERROR] Package::WebmailClients::Roundcube::Handler::preinstall: Couldn't install Roundcube Javascript dependencies: ERROR: Incorrect sha1 sum of /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/imscp/roundcube/roundcubemail/temp/js_cache/codemirror-5.21.0.zip. Expected: 3b767c2e3acd6796e54ed19ed2ac0755fcf87984, got: 1cf3056ff23c4176fd7ca9816a000ed461d6d323 at /var/www/imscp/engine/PerlLib/Package/WebmailClients/Roundcube/Handler.pm line 138.

│ Package::WebmailClients::Roundcube::Handler::preinstall: Couldn't install Roundcube Javascript dependencies: ERROR: Failed to download source file from │

https://download.tiny.cloud/ti…mmunity/tinymce_4.5.8.zip at /var/www/imscp/engine/PerlLib/Package/WebmailClients/Roundcube/Handler.pm line

Hi kurgans, I don't see this problem here -> Couldn't install Roundcube Javascript dependencies: - that part worked for me

I'm trying to find out more details of the frontend problem from above, so I have set all the plugins as disabled in database ...

now when I re-run the installer following error is shown:

Code
    1. Package::FrontEnd::_setupMasterAdmin: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry '737' for key 'user_id' at /usr/local/src/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi/engine/PerlLib/Package/FrontEnd.pm line 1641.
    2. autoinstaller::Adapter::DebianAdapter::install: An error occurred while the installation steps.

maybe it could indicate an issue with the perl module DBD::mysql::db on stretch with PHP 7.3-fpm

• ok I got it, the important thing was the use of --reconfigure option for the install /upgrade e.g.

Code
    1. perl imscp-autoinstall --debug --reconfigure

PHPswitcher & Letsencrypt plugin needs to be set enabled

Code
    1. mysql -u root -p
    2. use imscp;
    3. update plugin set plugin_status = 'disabled';
    4. update plugin set plugin_status = 'enabled' WHERE plugin_name = 'PhpSwitcher';
    5. update plugin set plugin_status = 'enabled' WHERE plugin_name = 'LetsEncrypt';
    6. quit

afterwards I got following nginx error:

Code
    1. Package::FrontEnd::startNginx: Couldn't start the nginx service: Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    2. See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. at /usr/local/src/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi/engine/PerlLib/iMSCP/Service.pm line 187.
    3. at /usr/local/src/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi/engine/PerlLib/Package/FrontEnd.pm line 637.

nginx.conf shows a variable for ssl_protocols

Code
    1. cat /etc/nginx/nginx.conf #shows:
    2. ssl_protocols {HTTPD_SSL_PROTOCOLS};

should be:

ssl_protocols TLSv1.2; # for Debian 9

and

ssl_protocols TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3; # for Debian 10 & 11

Edited once, last by fulltilt ().

• but the login problem still persists, I have switched from php7.3-fpm to php7.0-fpm ... it doesn't change anything

Code
    1. An exception has been thrown in file /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/zendframework/zendframework1/library/Zend/Navigation/Page.php at line 503:
    2. Invalid argument: $target must be a string or null