PhpSwitcher and Debian Buster

• Hi all,

last night one of my servers updated to the lastest stable version. All looked good at first. This morning a customer called us that his webpage is not working anymore.

After some investigation I found out that the php version / PhpSwitcher is not working anymore .-(

System is running latest Debian Buster and imscp 1.5.3.

In the apache log I could see

[Mon Jul 15 10:14:04.694796 2019] [proxy:error] [pid 22367:tid 140344532383488] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /run/phpswitcher/psw7.0-fpm-DOMAIN.sock (DOMAIN) failed

I checked the admin gui and could see also error messages here like

Plugin::PhpSwitcher::_checkPhpVersionData: `/opt/phpswitcher/20180618/php7.0/bin/php-cgi' doesn't looks like a PHP FastCGI binary

so I tried to reinstall different php version via

perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl --auto-setup 5.6

but I received this error message

[ERROR] main: An unexpected error occurred: An error occurred while executing the install MAKE(1) target for php-5.6.32: aclocal: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not 'configure.in'

../configure: line 5408: test: too many arguments

configure: error: freetype-config not found.

make: *** [/var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/Makefile:370: configure-5.6-stamp] Error 1

same error message for 7.1

[ERROR] main: An unexpected error occurred: An error occurred while executing the install MAKE(1) target for php-7.1.11: aclocal: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not 'configure.in'

../configure: line 5352: test: too many arguments

configure: error: freetype-config not found.

make: *** [/var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/Makefile:370: configure-7.1-stamp] Error 1

but freetype fonts are installed

dpkg -l|grep freetype

ii libfreetype6:amd64 2.9.1-3 amd64 FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files

ii libfreetype6-dev:amd64 2.9.1-3 amd64 FreeType 2 font engine, development files

Right now I don't know how to solve this issue. Do you have a hint for me? Merci !

BR

Mr.X

• Debian 10 isn't supported officially (but another user reported its working). I think thats the issue here at the moment.

The needed phpswitcher version will re released with or close after / before the new i-MSCP version. Which got support for newer php versions.

Have a nice day. :)

• Debian 10 isn't supported officially (but another user reported its working). I think thats the issue here at the moment.

The needed phpswitcher version will re released with or close after / before the new i-MSCP version. Which got support for newer php versions.

Hi Iceman,

thanks for your reply. I've read the wiki and checked the forum before. But couldn't find something similar to this.

Do we know when the new version will be released... yeah, I know when it's done it's done .-) But will it be 2 months or 6 months?

I don't know why your text about wiki and forum is not shown here in the forum while it's in your email. Nevertheless ...

• Next release date....

Its in the final steps, so I guess rather sooner than later.

I edited the post, because it seemed to me that the first part might sound rude. It wasnt meant that way, btw.^^

Hi Iceman,

no worries ! .-)

Shit hit the fan as I cannot roll back and the customer is getting upset as the webpage is not working anymore .-/

Br

Mr.X

• That is why you actually need to read the howtos and errata files before you do something which might affect i-MSCP.

There are ways how to downgrade again, which might need a bit of work.

So far, I think the issue isnt directly the phpswitcher module. Its more like an issue raised by the upgrade.

Did you tried to uninstall and remove that plugin and after that re-install it?

Either you downgrade or try to fix the issue which you got now. Or you do wait till Nuxwin or other projects-members are seeing this topic.^^

• Hi Iceman,

thanks for your reply. I've read the wiki and checked the forum before. But couldn't find something similar to this.

In our wiki, we don't mention that Buster is supported, and if you look at the INSTALL.md file of the latest stable version, you can see that the list of supported Debian versions are Debian Jessie (7.x) and Debian Stretch (8.x). See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…supported-debian-versions

So, basically put, you're using an i-MSCP version, and a PhpSwitcher plugin version that were not tested under Debian Buster. Current i-MSCP stable version is compatible with Debian Stretch, not with Debian Buster. Therefore, I'm primarly wondering why you did that update without more thinking about your current environment... Debian Buster has just been released.

Regarding the configuration failure when you try to re-compile your PHP versions, this can be due to many things... I cannot say more without investigating directly on your server.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• In our wiki, we don't mention that Buster is supported, and if you look at the INSTALL.md file of the latest stable version, you can see that the list of supported Debian versions are Debian Jessie (7.x) and Debian Stretch (8.x). See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…supported-debian-versions

So, basically put, you're using an i-MSCP version, and a PhpSwitcher plugin version that were not tested under Debian Buster. Current i-MSCP stable version is compatible with Debian Stretch, not with Debian Buster. Therefore, I'm primarly wondering why you did that update without more thinking about your current environment... Debian Buster has just been released.

Regarding the configuration failure when you try to re-compile your PHP versions, this can be due to many things... I cannot say more without investigating directly on your server.

Salut Nuxwin,

thanks for your reply. The update was not on purpose, apt was using stable .-/

Any change to get a beta of phpSwitch? Or a possible release date?

I could see in one of the git commits that apc makes some troubles ...

Br

Jan

• Just out of curiosity, can I see your sources.list before you tried to change them and after the change?

Because with a default source.list (maybe some additional changes for other sources like php), that wouldnt happen. A system upgrade should only happen if you use dist-upgrade.

• A system upgrade should only happen if you use dist-upgrade.

That's not true. If you made the error to put "stable" in sources.list and not the name of the distro, an upgrade fetches the new packages.

dist-upgrade just takes more care about dependencies.