We urgent need php 7.2 for some customers, how to achieve this ?

• @Nuxwin I hope you did not take my message as saying I am leaving i-mscp . I left ISPconfig to use i-mscp and I have paid for plugins for i-mscp and I have no problem paying for plugins. I Do use my i-mscp install for Business use. We have just found sites run a lot better on php 7.2 and up since site code has been updated This is nothing against i-mscp. You guys are active see you guys are logged in all the time We just needed to move sites from i-mscp for time being.

@Iceman it was not a drastic step when you have static and internal ip setup in my case back up full server in proxmox and back up db's & web files and push it to internal nas then push db backups and web files to new server move is that simple

• I hope you did not take my message as saying I am leaving i-mscp . I left ISPconfig to use i-mscp and I have paid for plugins for i-mscp and I have no problem paying for plugins. I Do use my i-mscp install for Business use. We have just found sites run a lot better on php 7.2 and up since site code has been updated This is nothing against i-mscp. You guys are active see you guys are logged in all the time We just needed to move sites from i-mscp for time being.

No, don't worry. My message was for Neptun which posted bullshit. I removed his post and I've banned him.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I still maintain an isp config 3 server..

TLDR - Still prefer I-MSCP
    - Use Other for current PHP versions but not much else.

it has current PHP 7 and updated with apt-get update via sury.org..

https://www.howtoforge.com/tut…ckages-on-debian-8-and-9/

Read about this option from here - devs are aware of this method but only works on deb/ubuntu so not fully supported on each server - and can cause them multiple other issues without being static... makes sense why haven't gone that direction..

has been somewhat nice that that server has the updated PHPs and current versions with bug fixes while the phpswitcher has been busy. able to use 7.2/7.3/7.4 just for testing sites.

don't knock devs, I know you guys are busy but darn... its back a bit and I don't like ispconfig as much... but nice to have current PHP...

tried to add those to my i-mscp install and not getting all the modules so doesn't work when I manually add... - know I"m missing something...

-----------

• I sure did...

they are working on it and I respect that, the post doesn't have a date or a timeline - its been hammered in the past and oh well.

Like a few years ago same thing - big updates and Dev's having to support 3-4 different OS installs and monitoring all the different bugs it creates... is without a Doubt a MAJOR PITA!

"Working on it" and my adapted reading "I really don't care about some of the base of users" (because they bitch too much!?!)
    Unfortunately - IS Speaking to me - in fact to everyone when its posted, just the way it is, but I figure has every right.

I've said it multiple times that I appreciate their work.

I've also paid for plugins and would even consider doing a subscription but would probably rather look at a lifetime sub vs annual renewal..

that said...

I don't recommend trying to modify my i-mscp - (plenty of possible tweaks in How-To in community)

I've found editing / customizing my installs and installing unsupported php above what is supported in i-mscp is BAD, because I always break it when an update is released.

• In that case you should simply accept the fact how they handle it. Because by provoking them, you will only end up getting scoled or banned.

I wouldnt release a release date, due multiple reasons.

I dont think you get the whole point of the development and the ideas behind it.

Have a nice day. :)

• "Working on it" and my adapted reading "I really don't care about some of the base of users" (because they bitch too much!?!)
    Unfortunately - IS Speaking to me - in fact to everyone when its posted, just the way it is, but I figure has every right.

My sentence

Sorry but you misread something ;) I didn't target you in any way, and my sentence wasn't what you've quoted. The people that I've targeted are those which are always complaining, even though, they don't have any idea of the necessary work. Those people which, generally speaking, use i-MSCP for their personal sites and that don't want support us much with non-free plugin and so on. Do you support us with non-free plugin? Yes... So what?

Timeline

Giving a date is easy, respect it is another story. If you look at my facebook, or even twitter, you'll see that we are effectivelly working on the next version, including plugins. You can also have a look at our github (commits). That's not like if we just say: We're working, without doing anything behind the scene...

Finally, don't forget that: i-MSCP development isn't just about providing a PHP UI. It is about providing a software able to manage various 3rd-party software. There are the "base" software (Apache, postfix, bind, proftpd...), but not that all. Think that for each plugin, we need also deliver a backend layer to manage the targeted software, for instance: SpamAssassin.

Finally, when you take that all together, you can understand that this is not a little work. We are in a transitional period.

PhpSwitcher plugin

Regarding the PhpSwitcher plugin, the most difficult part for us is to maintain the patches for each versions. Without those patches, you cannot compile these versions under Ubuntu/Debian. That why we want now rely on packaged PHP versions. We just need a bit time to switch on.

• Hi guys

I also had the problem of delivering PHP 7.2 to customers (eg. TYPO3 9 needs 7.2 or higher).

It is possible even with old infrastructure (imscp 1.2.x, phpswitcher 2.1.1) to adopt some parts and get a php 7.2 - need some try&error because of the debian patches for php but in the end it worked... not the latest, but 7.2.9 at least... maybe not the best solution, but one I can live with for the moment (it was February 2019).

/J

• Hi guys

I also had the problem of delivering PHP 7.2 to customers (eg. TYPO3 9 needs 7.2 or higher).

It is possible even with old infrastructure (imscp 1.2.x, phpswitcher 2.1.1) to adopt some parts and get a php 7.2 - need some try&error because of the debian patches for php but in the end it worked... not the latest, but 7.2.9 at least... maybe not the best solution, but one I can live with for the moment (it was February 2019).

/J

joximu For you, me and some other people, of course, all is possible... even using PHP 7.3.. with the current version of the PhpSwitcher plugin. We need only know Perl sufficiently... Well because too many users cannot wait the for the next i-MSCP version, I'll prepare a new PhpSwitcher version (intermediate version), which will make it possible to register PHP versions from Ondrey Sury repository, that is 5.6 up to 7.3... I'll try to do my best to deliver it tomorrow..

• Nuxwin I know that this way is not for everyone - a professional hoster should be able to go this way.

You see - the last phpswitcher is from nov 2017 and php development increased the tempo since 7.0, and also several php based web applications changed the requirements so they do not need to bother with old php versions.

That's why php 7.2 (and 7.3) support is so heavily needed for the last stable i-mscp and phpswitcher version.

I know - a new i-mscp version is also needed... and I know (or I have the impression) that most of the tasks are on your todo list.....

Maybe there are some people who could help with the different tasks - but they are only in the forum and not in github... even on github it's somtimes difficult to see what's going on - where are the problems etc.

Ok, it's possible to have a look at your twitter or fb sites... but it's not very clear (twitter) and on fb I see nothing at all.

You wrote in Dec 2017 you'll "add support for php 7.2 soon".... well.... this raises hopes... so it's no wonder people are asking and asking for the same.

As far as I can see there's a development in the project - but the steps sometimes are to big to be done by one person in a reasonable time - an internal switch to another technique has so many consequences that many hours are needed to fix everything.

I can understand... you want to go on using new techniques (whatever)... but you cannot do the development auf 1.6, 1.5.4 and maintenance of 1.5.3 alltogether alone. That's the impression I got when having a look at the project in the last months...