finally got around to doing this..
ran the ssh only - will edit phpmysql next
thanks for the info - even if I waited 30 days to get it going!
if that is an option I'd love to do that!
the only choice is force retry...
so domain overview > Manage SSL Cert > goes directly back to letsencrypt
I expect I'll need to somehow remove something via ssh to reset back to no ssl and start over...
Php Switcher - working fine
What would the process be for php8 and registering that correctly - it is supported?
perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl --register --packaged
this is the command used in the past to register installed versions - would that still work and just add the path?
Using of course the sury method and just registering the installed PHP version that is maintained via apt vs manually building updates.
Next Lets Encrypt
installed the update but have a few that are in an error state
An unexpected error occurred:
The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Certificate is expired
Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details. at /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/backend/LetsEncrypt.pm line 896.
...propagated at /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/backend/LetsEncrypt.pm line 899.
Admittedly I did not research the error more closely - not a major issue just yet - and expect its because I didn't update to the latest LE plugin in time for V2 to take effect.
removed - proftpd
reran imscp setup
shows congrats - testing
panel working -
ProFTPD Version 1.3.5b
FTP service showing up and running...
verified user accounts working as expected over normal 21
odd that the only pin was an old pin to mariadb - was created during some issue over a year ago... also removed per above.
would bet that I messed up an upgrade from jessie and some of it carried over and has been like this for longer than I care to admit...
dpkg -l | grep deb8
does list some packages but not too many and hoping most are non-major..Code
- cpp-4.9 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- gcc-4.9 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- gcc-4.9-base:amd64 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- libasan1:amd64 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- libdns-export100 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libgcc-4.9-dev:amd64 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- libgnutls-deb0-28:amd64 3.3.30-0+deb8u1
- libhogweed2:amd64 2.7.1-5+deb8u2
- libicu52:amd64 52.1-8+deb8u7
- libirs-export91 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libisc-export95 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libisccfg-export90 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libnettle4:amd64 2.7.1-5+deb8u2
- libprocps3:amd64 2:3.3.9-9+deb8u1
- libssl1.0.0:amd64 1.0.1t-1+deb8u11
- python-reportbug 6.6.3+deb8u2
(think they're mainly compiler for phpswitcher due to errors on early Stretch php issues)
sury for me fixed those issues though.
--- much better - always forget grep -
only top two look like possible issue.
rest are just backup of old source.list it looks like right?Code
- Binary file /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/debian-archive-jessie-security-automatic.gpg matches
- Binary file /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/debian-archive-jessie-automatic.gpg matches
- /etc/apt/preferences.d/imscp:Pin: release o=MariaDB,n=jessie
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb-src http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb https://packages.sury.org/php/ jessie main
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb-src https://packages.sury.org/php/ jessie main
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb http://mirror.netcologne.de/mariadb/repo/10.1/debian jessie main
- /etc/apt/sources.list.bkp:deb-src http://mirror.netcologne.de/mariadb/repo/10.1/debian jessie main
grep -r proftpd /etc/apt
produced nothing -
so nothing proftpd...
shows ProFTPD Version 1.3.5e
which is interesting -
older server - run same thing is 1.3.5 and everything operational...
(older one just a test box and not really doing much - really slow but odd it shows older version and works)
--- process to uninstall proftpd
then would just re-install imscp again basically should reload based on needed packages I would assume correct?
(naturally backup before doing but should be a decent path?)
system was updated from 8 awhile back and that is probably it..
deb https://packages.sury.org/php/ stretch main
vaguely remember some pinning to jessie repos - but thought that was on an old server...
had to do with php prior to being able to register already loaded php versions -
shouldn't have affected Proftpd - but always possible...
noticed no FTP
checked and found...
Unit proftpd.service has begun starting up.
Jul 06 15:48:13 admin proftpd: Starting ftp server: proftpd2020-07-06 15:48:13,322 admin proftpd: mod_dso/0.5: unable to load 'mod_sql_mysql.
Jul 06 15:48:13 admin proftpd: 2020-07-06 15:48:13,322 admin proftpd: fatal: LoadModule: error loading module 'mod_sql_mysql.c': No such file
Jul 06 15:48:13 admin proftpd: failed!
Jul 06 15:48:13 admin systemd: proftpd.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 06 15:48:13 admin systemd: Failed to start LSB: Starts ProFTPD daemon.
-- Subject: Unit proftpd.service has failed
apt install proftp-mod-mysql
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
proftpd-mod-mysql : Depends: proftpd-basic (= 1.3.5b-4+deb9u4) but 1.3.5e-0+deb8u1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Debian Stretch install 1.5.3 Current -
been quiet over here!
- The following packages will be REMOVED:
- 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
- 1 not fully installed or removed.
- After this operation, 11.3 kB disk space will be freed.
- (Reading database ... 71842 files and directories currently installed.)
- Removing imscp-psw-php7.0-runtime-dependencies (1.0) ...
- [ERROR] main: An error occurred while installing PHP 7.0 runtime dependency package: Unmet dependencies.
then re-run for 7.0 only and registers right upCode
- perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl --register 7.0
- [INFO] Registering PHP versions in the PhpSwitcher plugin...
- [INFO] Registering the compiled PHP 7.0 version with data:
- - PEAR directory path : /opt/phpswitcher/static/php7.0/share/pear
- - FastCGI binary path : /opt/phpswitcher/static/php7.0/bin/php-cgi
- - FPM binary path : /opt/phpswitcher/static/php7.0/sbin/psw7.0-fpm
- - FPM configuration file path : /opt/phpswitcher/static/php7.0/etc/php-fpm.conf
- - FPM pool directory path : /opt/phpswitcher/static/php7.0/etc/php-fpm.d
- [DONE] PHP versions scheduled for registration in the PhpSwitcher plugin:
- - PHP 7.0 (Compiled)
- [INFO] Processing of PHP versions in progress. Please be patient...
- [DONE] PHP versions were processed.
both systems worked fine just re-executed
doesn't make any sense - expect my configs are messed up..
but appears to work...
newer system 7.4 errors out similar unmet dependency error -
but gets through 7.1>7.3 without errors
running 7.0 and 7.4 now again just to test
older server 7.3 failed 7.1>7.2 appear to have worked...
as its building I do see it grabbing jessie updates for building - expect that is pinned specifically for the compile script.