Posts by viper_iii

    Where would that patched version be?

    yes Still needed...

    I can start the upgrade to Buster - that should be possible - have just held back due to other updates being a bit risky in the past... but I'm game.

    excellent point..


    reviewing this:

    LetsEncrypt plugin - Cannot revoke SSL certificate - Command died at line 896, propagated at line 899...



    if that is an option I'd love to do that!


    the only choice is force retry...

    so domain overview > Manage SSL Cert > goes directly back to letsencrypt


    I expect I'll need to somehow remove something via ssh to reset back to no ssl and start over...

    Php Switcher - working fine

    What would the process be for php8 and registering that correctly - it is supported?

    perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/ --register --packaged

    this is the command used in the past to register installed versions - would that still work and just add the path?

    Using of course the sury method and just registering the installed PHP version that is maintained via apt vs manually building updates.

    Next Lets Encrypt

    installed the update but have a few that are in an error state

    An unexpected error occurred:

    The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Certificate is expired

    Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details. at /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/backend/ line 896.

    ...propagated at /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/backend/ line 899.


    Admittedly I did not research the error more closely - not a major issue just yet - and expect its because I didn't update to the latest LE plugin in time for V2 to take effect.


    Deb 9CP

    i-MSCP 1.5.3

    Build: 2018120800

    removed - proftpd

    reran imscp setup

    1. cd /usr/local/src/imscp-1.5.3-2018120800
    2. perl imscp-autoinstall -d

    shows congrats - testing


    panel working -
    proftpd -v
    ProFTPD Version 1.3.5b

    FTP service showing up and running...

    verified user accounts working as expected over normal 21

    odd that the only pin was an old pin to mariadb - was created during some issue over a year ago... also removed per above.

    would bet that I messed up an upgrade from jessie and some of it carried over and has been like this for longer than I care to admit...

    Much Appreciated!


    dpkg -l | grep deb8

    does list some packages but not too many and hoping most are non-major..

    (think they're mainly compiler for phpswitcher due to errors on early Stretch php issues)
    sury for me fixed those issues though.

    --- much better - always forget grep -

    only top two look like possible issue.

    rest are just backup of old source.list it looks like right?

    grep -r proftpd /etc/apt

    produced nothing -


    1. Package: *
    2. Pin: origin
    3. Pin-Priority: 1001
    4. Package: *
    5. Pin: release o=MariaDB,n=jessie
    6. Pin-Priority: 1001


    1. Package: libicu-dev icu-devtools
    2. Pin: release o=debian
    3. Pin-Priority: 1002

    so nothing proftpd...

    proftpd -v

    shows ProFTPD Version 1.3.5e

    which is interesting -
    older server - run same thing is 1.3.5 and everything operational...

    (older one just a test box and not really doing much - really slow but odd it shows older version and works)

    --- process to uninstall proftpd

    then would just re-install imscp again basically should reload based on needed packages I would assume correct?

    (naturally backup before doing but should be a decent path?)

    good catch..

    system was updated from 8 awhile back and that is probably it..

    1. # apt-get -f install
    2. Reading package lists... Done
    3. Building dependency tree
    4. Reading state information... Done
    5. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

    1. deb stretch main contrib non-free
    2. deb stretch-updates main contrib non-free
    3. deb stretch/updates main contrib non-free


    deb stretch main

    1. Distributor ID: Debian
    2. Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9.12 (stretch)
    3. Release: 9.12
    4. Codename: stretch

    vaguely remember some pinning to jessie repos - but thought that was on an old server...
    had to do with php prior to being able to register already loaded php versions -
    shouldn't have affected Proftpd - but always possible...