removed - proftpd
reran imscp setup
shows congrats - testing
panel working -
ProFTPD Version 1.3.5b
FTP service showing up and running...
verified user accounts working as expected over normal 21
odd that the only pin was an old pin to mariadb - was created during some issue over a year ago... also removed per above.
would bet that I messed up an upgrade from jessie and some of it carried over and has been like this for longer than I care to admit...
dpkg -l | grep deb8
does list some packages but not too many and hoping most are non-major..
- cpp-4.9 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- gcc-4.9 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- gcc-4.9-base:amd64 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- libasan1:amd64 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- libdns-export100 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libgcc-4.9-dev:amd64 4.9.2-10+deb8u2
- libgnutls-deb0-28:amd64 3.3.30-0+deb8u1
- libhogweed2:amd64 2.7.1-5+deb8u2
- libicu52:amd64 52.1-8+deb8u7
- libirs-export91 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libisc-export95 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libisccfg-export90 1:9.9.5.dfsg-9+deb8u17
- libnettle4:amd64 2.7.1-5+deb8u2
- libprocps3:amd64 2:3.3.9-9+deb8u1
- libssl1.0.0:amd64 1.0.1t-1+deb8u11
- python-reportbug 6.6.3+deb8u2
(think they're mainly compiler for phpswitcher due to errors on early Stretch php issues)
sury for me fixed those issues though.