Plugin Clamav install problem?

• Hello.

on 2014.12.12 i must setup a complete new test-server using debian 7.

On the same server before runs debian 7 with i-MSCP 1.1.18 with plugins spamassassin, clamav, ownddns, ... without problems.

I installed a complete fresh debian 7, i-mscp 1.1.20, all needed packages for plugins using install-hints in plugin-descriptions..

Then i begin to install plugins in i-mscp-admin

The plugin Clamav gives an error message like " unable to read /etc/default/clamav-milter" - the file doesn't exist in /etc/default, but it exist a file like /etc/default/spamass-milter.

A change in /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/ClamAV/backend/ClamAV.pm from

Code
    1. sub _modifyClamavMilterDefaultConfig($$){ my ($self, $action) = @_; my $file = iMSCP::File->new('filename' => '/etc/default/clamav-milter'); my $fileContent = $file->get(); unless (defined $fileContent) { error("Unable to read /etc/default/clamav-milter"); return 1; }

to

was the solution. After this change installation of plugin clamav runs without problems. But i dont know: Is this the right solution?

Unfortunally i have no backup from old /etc - so i cannot take a look into the backup for search / compare the files clamav-milter and spamass-milter.

Question: Is it possible that there are changes in debian packages like another filename or a missing symlink?

Because i have no Idea why there is no /etc/default/clamav-milter file, the "old" server installation was from ~ 2014/09/13

Thanks.

But i dont know: Is this the right solution?

in my opinion: NO!

The "/etc/default/spamass-milter" is used for Spamassassin

Code
    1. # spamass-milt startup defaults# OPTIONS are passed directly to spamass-milter.# man spamass-milter for details# Non-standard configuration notes:# See README.Debian if you use the -x option with sendmail# You should not pass the -d option in OPTIONS; use SOCKET for that.# Default, use the spamass-milter user as the default user, ignore# messages from localhostOPTIONS="-e -f -I -u spamass-milter"# Reject emails with spamassassin scores > 15.#OPTIONS="-r 15"# Do not modify Subject:, Content-Type: or body.#OPTIONS="-m"####################################### If /usr/sbin/postfix is executable, the following are set by# default. You can override them by uncommenting and changing them# here.######################################SOCKET="/var/spool/postfix/spamass/spamass.sock"# SOCKETOWNER="postfix:postfix"# SOCKETMODE="0660"######################################

and the "/etc/default/clamav-milter" is for ClamAV:

Code
    1. # Begin Plugin::ClamAV
    2. SOCKET_RWGROUP=postfix
    3. # Ending Plugin::ClamAV

In your case create the "/etc/default/clamav-milter" by hand and revert the changes in the plugin - then reinstall the clamav plugin again.
    Worked for me last night!

• and the "/etc/default/clamav-milter" is for ClamAV:

Code
    1. # Begin Plugin::ClamAV
    2. SOCKET_RWGROUP=postfix
    3. # Ending Plugin::ClamAV

In your case create the "/etc/default/clamav-milter" by hand and revert the changes in the plugin - then reinstall the clamav plugin again.
    Worked for me last night!

Ok, problem solved for my test server - but i am interested to know why this file wasn't copied into /default folder - creating by hand isn't the solution.