PhpSwitcher

• I follow the doc to install php 5.2 under PhpSwitcher but I have this error during the .configuration :

Code
    1. checking for MySQL support... yes
    2. checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
    3. checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
    4. configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under yes.
    5. Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled anymore

Maybe it's because I have installed MariaDB instead of MySQL ?

• If it check for MySQL support and you didn't use MySQL... don't configure with MySQL support so :)

Delete those lines from ./configure :

--with-mysql \
    --with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock \
    --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config \
    --with-pdo-mysql \
    --with-pdo-pgsql \

If you don't use MySQL, MySQLi or PostGreSQL (which isn't MariaDB support).

BTW, maybe there is some options to enable support with MariaDB.

• @Athar You should be killed...

No option is provided for MariaDB because MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for Mysql. The problem here is another... It's clearly explained at bottom here: http://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.ph…:phpswitcher:fcgid:php5.3

Note: Switching to Mysql server is not a solution. Better is to install dev library (mysql) from mariadb .

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi how do i edit the php.ini for each version i install?
    i want to include ioncube i all versions (i have 5.3 std and use this nice plugin to get 5.2/5.4/5.5)

is there a master php.ini for each version? i know that there is a copy in fcgi for all sites but i want to edit the master so new customers would get the ioncube automatically when changing versions.

Code
    1. i-MSCP 1.1.14
    2. Build: 20140915
    3. Codename: Eagle
    4. Ubuntu 12.04
    5. Dovecot
    6. apache fcgid
  • Hello ;

About the ioncube loader PHP extension

Don't forget that the ioncube loader extension is specific to the PHP version you are using. This means that for each of your PHP versions, you must install the corresponding ioncube loader extension.

About the global php.ini file

If you followed the PhpSwitcher documentation from our wiki, your PHP versions must be located under /opt/php-fcgid/<version> where <version> is the directory of one PHP version.

By default, no global php.ini file is added but you can add one for each of your PHP version under /opt/php-fcgid/<version>/lib/php.ini. Indeed, normally, PHP is searching for a default php.ini file in the /opt/php-fcgid/<version>/lib directory.

However, This is not the recommended way for loading the ioncube loader extension. You should instead create a ioncube.ini file for each of your PHP versions eg ( /opt/php-fcgid/<version>/conf.d/ioncube.ini ). Indeed, PHP is also searching for additional .ini file to load under the /opt/php-fcgid/<version>/conf.d directory.

Note 1: Here I'm talking only about PHP versions which you have compiled by following the PhpSwitcher documentation as available in our wiki.
    Note 2: The default php.ini file which corresponds to each of your PHP versions can be found in the respective PHP archive you have downloaded at compile time.

• Hi @Nuxwin

i dit follow the guide but i don't have any php.ini or the conf.d folder in the php folders!

thees are the only php.ini files i have!

Can i simply create conf.d folder and put my php.ini file there?
    also ware do the domain get there php.ini from? (/var/www/fcgi/xxxxxxx.com/php5/php.ini)
    is it the master /var/www/fcgi/master/php5/php.ini that gets copied and if so dose that not curse problems with the different versions of php?

• Re;

As I see, you misunderstood me. Teamviewer please.

• Thanks @Nuxwin

Even if we did not find a god time for both of us to use teamviewer i got it working from your post :o)

just make the folder mkdir /opt/php-fcgid/5.5/conf.d && cd /opt/php-fcgid/5.5/conf.d then simply add a ioncube.ini file with path to ioncube extension.
    my ioncube.ini for php 5.5.x is like this zend_extension=/usr/lib/php5/20090626/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so

if using my script auto ioncube install from the post i made here remember to copy the extensions for the php versions you want to the php extension folder! (it only installs the system default php version)

• i-MSCP PhpSwitcher plugin version 0.0.10 has just been released.

CHANGELOG

• Fixed: Compatibility issues with i-MSCP versions >= 1.1.19

Thank you for using this plugin.

• Hello. Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS + i-MSCP 1.2.2 + PhpSwitcher 0.0.10. Work Fine with switch to PHP 5.2.17

But it works at the level of the user. I have one user 2 of the project with different subdomains, the first running php 5.2, and the second running php 5.5. Is there any way out of that one user to use different versions of php for different subdomains?