Spamassassin not working?

• Hi,

i install the spamassassin plugin and i send a Testmail.
    I cant see a working spamassassin in the Header:

Is the Header ok?

Sven

• You sent a testmail to the server where you have installed spamassassin or the other way?

• Please check if you have this entry in your /etc/postfix/main.cf

Code
    1. # Begin Plugins::i-MSCPmilter_default_action = acceptsmtpd_milters = # Begin Plugin::SpamAssassin unix:/spamass/spamass.sock # Ending Plugin::SpamAssassinnon_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters# Begin Plugin::SpamAssassin::Macrosmilter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v {if_name} _# Ending Plugin::SpamAssassin::Macros# Ending Plugins::i-MSCP

or post the output of the following command:

Code
    1. # postconf smtpd_milters
  • Okay,

i think i found my problem .. i install the clamav plugin after the spamassassin plugin and this overwrite the smtp_milter entry:

Code
    1. # Begin Plugins::i-MSCPmilter_default_action = accept# Begin Plugin::SpamAssassin::Macrosmilter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v {if_name} _# Ending Plugin::SpamAssassin::Macrossmtpd_milters = # Begin Plugin::OpenDKIM inet:localhost:4562 # Ending Plugin::OpenDKIMnon_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters# Begin Plugin::SpamAssassin::Macrosmilter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v {if_name} _# Ending Plugin::SpamAssassin::Macros# Ending Plugins::i-MSCP# Begin Plugins::i-MSCPmilter_default_action = acceptsmtpd_milters = # Begin Plugin::ClamAV unix:/clamav/clamav-milter.ctl # Ending Plugin::ClamAVnon_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters# Ending Plugins::i-MSCP

is the following code right?

Code
    1. smtpd_milters = unix:/clamav/clamav-milter.ctl, unix:/spamass/spamass.sock
  • now, it works ;-)

Code
    1. X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.2 required=5.0 tests=DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,
    2. DKIM_VALID_AU,FREEMAIL_ENVFROM_END_DIGIT,FREEMAIL_FROM,HTML_MESSAGE,SPF_PASS,
    3. TVD_SPACE_RATIO autolearn=no version=3.3.2
    4. X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.2 (2011-06-06) on xxx.de

Thaks for your help ..

• I will check this. But normaly the ClamAV can't overwrite the Tags from SpamAssasin, because there a some other tags

Code
    1. # Begin Plugin::ClamAV
    2. unix:/clamav/clamav-milter.ctl
    3. # Ending Plugin::ClamAV
    4. # Begin Plugin::SpamAssassin
    5. unix:/spamass/spamass.sock
    6. # Ending Plugin::SpamAssassin

I'd installed this plugins this week three times an i didn't had this problem.

• It is really strange. I will also check, because in some cases on my system the SA entry was also gone. Now I have to identify in which cases.

• I found the problem and fixed it.
    It occurred only on systems where at least the plugins OpenDKIM and SpamAssassin were installed and both plugins changed their smtpd_milters entries in the main.cf file of postfix.

Please update to the SpamAssassin version 0.0.4 if you have this problem and check for a clean entry in the main.cf file.

In the example above all three plugins are activated: ClamAV, OpenDKIM and SpamAssassin