Simple little user site FTP backup program

• Hi,

As of now we have decided to go with i-MSCP on our hosting servers. And by this decision we decided to make a small and simple FTP backup solution to make off-line backup of sites on a i-MSCP server.

The program is made for Windows and has been tested in Windows7 and Windows8. We have also tested it in Server 2008 but found that it did not ran too well.
    (Just to add to this. If you are going to run the program on a Windows Server with advanced Microsoft Firewall. Then you should remember to make a inbound rule for "i-MSCP FTP Backup.exe" allowing all inbound connections for this program only.

We have not done extensively testing, but it works at our i-MSCP develop server.

The program is supporting english and danish language.

Screenshot_25.png

We have done this primary to help our customers to have an every day off-line backup of there site.

We would like to give this little program to the i-MSCP community. And hope this would help everybody to have a little backup solution.

By the fact that this is a give a way, the support is limited. But the program is very simple and should be easy to setup.

All settings is done in a XML file (imscp_settings.xml) and should be easy for every one to understand. Just edit it in standerd windows notepad.

As you see by this demo settings file, we have added 2 sites where we would like to make the backup. This is the demo XML file supplied with the program and it needs to be edited with your parameters to actually make a backup.

Note: the <local_path>c:\imscp_backup</local_path> folder has to be created before running the backup, and of course the path could be anywhere on your computer or local network.

We hope that you will get good use of this and wishes you good luck with it.

The backup program can be downloaded (ver. 1.0.1.0) here... there is nothing to install. Just unpack the ZIP and run the "i-MSCP FTP Backup.exe"

Concrete5 Denmark - CMS til alle
    --------------------------
    Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

Edited once, last by MGAV ().

• Thanks for a great program, but I have a problem with it:

larger files is wrong, I have a server in a 305Mb in size, the download will be 0 bytes in size.
    Smaller files do not have this problem

sry for my english :)

ubuntu 12.04 | i-MSCP 1.1.0-rc4.7

• The program is primary made for getting the backup files made by the i-MSCP web server. These files is placed in the /backups on the i-MSCP server of a site. Normally there is probably 2 files in that folder (a "bz2" packed db file and a "bz2" packed file containing all site files). I would like to know what exactly you are downloading.

We have tested this with a setup of 38 domains in the XML settings file where some of the domains contained files bigger than 500Mb, and no errors occurred.

I can't reproduce this.

Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

• Hi,
    The problem with the full backup occurs.
    Example: domain.tld-backup-07.01.2013-00_05.tar.bz2 - 0 bytes (in fact 305Mb), the full backup will be downloaded, but it will be 0 bytes in length. - FileZilla is downloaded there is no problem
    SQL backups are downloaded without any problems.

Edited once, last by Lazarevics ().

• Could you PM me with your ftp account details. I would like to try this out on your site. As I said, we have (and is still doing) run the program on a lot of sites with out problems.

Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

• PM sent ;)

the species name is the problem.

Original name: xxxxx-00:15.tar.bz2 - this converts FileZilla: xxxxx-00_15.tar.bz2
    Windows7 (all vindows) You can not use special characters in the file name, for example. of ( : )

Edited once, last by Lazarevics ().

• PM sent ;)

the species name is the problem.

Original name: xxxxx-00:15.tar.bz2 - this converts FileZilla: xxxxx-00_15.tar.bz2
    Windows7 (all vindows) You can not use special characters in the file name, for example. of ( : )

Hello ;

This issue about naming convention for backups is already solved in last released version (1.1.0-rc2.3) and therefore, also in Git master. ;)

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• As of this, I suggest you to update your i-MSCP servver.

Michael Jensen-Maar
    Concrete5 Danmark

• Hello MGAV,
    Nice little prog what you timbered there.

But I get the following error message appears when I go to start.

see appendix file.

fehlermeldung.PNG

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0