Please help - update i-MSCP to run on new system

• fulltilt,

I can't install with Roundcube, if I remove Roundcube from the installation the installation finishes correctly, but when I try to include Roundcube, it always fails.

... do you want to check by SSH, in case you can see something that I have not been able to see ...

Thanks

• ERROR: Incorrect sha1 sum of /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/imscp/roundcube/roundcubemail/temp/js_cache/codemirror-5.21.0.zip

try to remove the package

Code
    1. rm /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/imscp/roundcube/roundcubemail/temp/js_cache/codemirror-5.21.0.zip

or clear the js_cache folder and re-run installer

• Yes, that was my first option... but when I download the package again it reproduces the error.

[ERROR] Package::WebmailClients::Roundcube::Handler::preinstall: Couldn't install Roundcube Javascript dependencies: ERROR: Incorrect sha1 sum of /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/imscp/roundcube/roundcubemail/temp/js_cache/codemirror-5.21.0.zip. Expected: 3b767c2e3acd6796e54ed19ed2ac0755fcf87984, got: 1cf3056ff23c4176fd7ca9816a000ed461d6d323 at /var/www/imscp/engine/PerlLib/Package/WebmailClients/Roundcube/Handler.pm line 138.

[ERROR] autoinstaller::Adapter::DebianAdapter::install: An error occurred while the installation steps.

root@gesbid:/var/panel/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi#

• Good morning

I couldn't reproduce any of theese errors during installation. I have VMs with Debian 9.13, 10.10 and 11.3 - always only "SSH" and "basic tools" packages checked during install...

I can call the roundcube, rainloop and pma site on all 3 installations.

But there are no plugins installed (yet)...

How do you "install with Roundcube" oder "install without Roundcube" - when I run

Code
    1. # cd ~/_download/imscp-1.5.3-maintenance-joxi
    2. # imscp-autoinstall

(without parameters) - Roundcube (and Rainloop etc) is automatically installed...

/J

• A new installation works for me, but when I try to upgrade from an existing system then I can't log in afterwards. I guess it has something to do with the plugins or php configuration files, I'll keep investigating the cause.

The existing system uses PHP-FPM with Apache mpm_event enabled, the error occurs w/ a Debian stretch to stretch panel upgrade ... will do a fresh & clean install now.

• ok - as soon as plugins are involved we're on "thin ice" :-) When I try to install the last phpswitcher-plugin I get errors... have to dig around...

Update: Plugin-Upload in tar-format had error, is fixed now. But take care: the filename should only contain the plugin name (and not pluginname_version.tar.gz - I think we should fix this too... but later...)

In PhpSwitcher (5.0.5) there seems to be an error with the os determination (ubuntu, debian or whatever) for the required keyring package... when commenting this block in backend/PhpSwitcher.pm (line 1005 - 1013) it's installable... (I still have to check if it's working as expected).

2nd update: the PhpSwitcher Plugin works as expected - at least with the php versions that were installed by the imscp-installer (5.6 - 8.0).

Edited 2 times, last by joximu: Update... info about plugin installation 2nd update... PhpSwitcher works ().

• Something about the wrong sha1sum of codemirror.zip...

It seems that the donload/fetching using curl leads to a "301 Moved Permanently" (which is stored in the zip file...).

Try this:
    rm /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/imscp/roundcube/roundcubemail/temp/js_cache/codemirror-5.21.0.zip

and fetch the file again with wget and put it in the location above...

wget https://codemirror.net/codemirror-5.21.0.zip

mv codemirror-5.21.0.zip /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/imscp/roundcube/roundcubemail/temp/js_cache/

chown vu2000:vu2000 /var/www/imscp/gui/vendor/imscp/roundcube/roundcubemail/temp/js_cache/codemirror-5.21.0.zip

and then rerun the installer...

/J

• @joximu

Thank you very much... work has kept me very busy this week... tomorrow Friday afternoon I will get a vps back up and running and do what you tell me....

I will let you know the result...

Thanks

Regards

• The problem with the codemirror-download is that we cannot influence anything with the imscp-packet. During installation the roundcube packet is downloaded from https://github.com/i-MSCP/roundcube and there the commands are stored for getting codemirror.

I created a pull request there to address this problem (just tell curl to follow any http redirect).

I hope nuxwin will take notice of the problem - he wasn't here since may 10th....

/J

Upd: I didn't try the following - but this could work:

create a curl config file /root/.curlrc with at least the line

Code
    1. location

in it... maybe someone can check this?

2nd update: this ^^^ doesn't seem to work... :-(

Edited 2 times, last by joximu ().

• Hello,

a new installation without roundcube on bullseye works :-)

Got also the LE-Plugin working with:

Code
    1. apt install certbot
    2. rm /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/bin/certbot-auto
    3. ln -s /usr/bin/certbot /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/bin/certbot-auto
    4. rm /usr/local/sbin/certbot
    5. ln -s /usr/bin/certbot /usr/local/sbin/certbot

and the

LetsEncrypt - SSL certificate is not valid

fix.

Will try upgrade a old stretch installation, next.

I guess the change from mysql-5.7 to mariadb-10.5 will cause the most trouble due to incompatibilities

cheers