Upgrade from Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS to Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

• Hi,

I'm planing to upgrade my system from Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS to Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

My installed imscp is the latest version (1.5.3-2018120800)

Does anyone had some experience already with upgrading the distro and imscp?

Are there any specials?

Thanks.

• Hi!

First of all read this: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imscp/blob/1.5.x/docs/UPGRADE.md

Make backup of your data:

Code
    1. /var/www/virtual
    2. /var/mail/virtual

After that you can start your upgrade process.

All other steps are linux admin steps. If there is some trouble during update google is your friend but in most of cases distro updates are going fine.

You will need also read errata files for other important changes.

https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc….5.x/docs/1.5.x_errata.md

Best,

Daniel

• Hi,

thanks for answer.

I'm on latest imscp version already, i thought upgrade.md and errata are only to apply if imscp will be updated/upgraded.

I will do a backup of complete system, so /var/www/virtual and /var/mail/virtual are inlcuded.

Do I have todo something after upgrade after distro upgrade, like

Code
    1. perl imscp-autoinstall -d

?

• Hi!

No, if you are on the latest imscp version. In errata files there are the most important information for imscp and the linux distro you use. If you are updating your imscp you will need to check your system also. There are the information for Supported distributions and all other stuff.

Please read it first because after distro update there can be problems around imscp if you have your custom settings or something else.

Edited once, last by bozsi12 ().

• Good morning,

No, if you are on the latest imscp version.

I agree with you with on all points apart the one above ;)

Grex

When you upgrade your distribution, you need of course rerun the i-MSCP installer, even if you don't update i-MSCP. Why? Because for each distributions, there is a specific packages file and sometime, some services must be reconfigured. Basically put, what you need to do in order:

• Backup your data
    • Update your distribution apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
    • Rerun the i-MSCP installer: perl imscp-autoinstall -dnv

Of course, all advise given by bozsi12 are relevant, especially those about the errata file.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thanks for information, I will post my results after upgrade.

EDIT:
    Hi, I would like to inform, everythink worked fine!

Thanks!

Edited once, last by Grex ().