Error while upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.5.3-2018120800

• Hello,

I have a very bad error when trying to upgrade from IMSCP 1.5.3 to 1.5.3-2018120800

My system is lock on the step below.

During this step, I lost my SSH connection and cannot ping my server anymore. I had to reboot it manually.

Can you help me to fix this?

Code
    1. Step 7 of 9 │
    2. │ │
    3. │ Processing DB tasks │
    4. │ │
    5. │ Step 1 of 1 │
    6. │ │
    7. │ Processing Modules::ServerIP tasks for: XX.XX.XX.XX (ID 2)
  • Maybe it is related to the fact the record in the table server_ips begins with 2 (and not with 1?)

Code
    1. MariaDB [imscp]> select * from server_ips;
    2. +-------+-------------+------------+---------+----------------+-----------+
    3. | ip_id | ip_number | ip_netmask | ip_card | ip_config_mode | ip_status |
    4. +-------+-------------+------------+---------+----------------+-----------+
    5. | 2 | xx.xx.xx.xx | 24 | eth0 | auto | ok |
    6. +-------+-------------+------------+---------+----------------+-----------+
    7. 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

EDIT : I changed the ip_id to 1 and I still have the same issue. Server is completly locked at the same step during the upgrade.

Edited once, last by darksk ().

• Finally I removed some unused subdomains and now the installation is working fine.

I think the script should be corrected to avoid disconnection from SSH.

• I don't think so...

Checking logs, I had to remove some old domains where I saw strange errors (but not related to network) so I can finish the installation but I still don't understand why I had this issue.

• The IP ID got doesnt matter during the installation, at least not in that way.

If the installation malfunctions at that point, then you should check your IP settings/interfaces.

Plus, did you read the errata file before you tried to update?

And what was written in the log files during that time?

I hat 0 issues with updating from that version (except that I was on stretch not on jessie).

Have a nice day. :)

• After which subdomains did you look?

In Welscher log I could look there?

Files

Edited once, last by Kevin B. ().

• Honestly I forgot but it was in some imscp logs.

I saw strange error in logs for 2 subdomains I had. I deleted them through the panel and after that I managed to upgrade IMSCP successfully.

I wish I would have kept these logs but I was so happy to finish this upgrade...

• Just check the system log ("/var/logs/") files or the domain logs files (inside the "/var/www/virtual/domain-name/logs" folder).

Have a nice day. :)