Problem with SPF

• Hi all I installed my server with the latest RC we have available, I have corrected the errors according to form instructions for Nuxwin, but I have an idea when I send mail to gmail fails in SPF

spf = softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning [email protected] does not designate 2001:41 d0: 2:6 :: 1 f6e as permitted sender) smtp.mail = [email protected]

But if I send email to hotmail it appears well-validated

Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; spf = pass (sender IP is 188 165 132 225) smtp.mailfrom = [email protected]; dkim = none header.d = bongostudio.biz, x-HMCA = pass
    X-SID-PRA: [email protected]

It is a somewhat rare

Any idea why this error occurs

Thanks

Edited once, last by kurgans ().

• Hello ;

Can you send us your zone file ?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Excuse my English, to me is a big problem using translator

If I see, but postfix is configured for exit the 2 IP server, google is looking IP6 for firts IP this server, but this IP not used for anything just start the server,

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Hello ;

It seem that postfix has used an ip6 address to sent the mail to gmail. Can you please show me the header of the mail you have sent to gmail?

• ok,
    jejeje

I just saw the problem to see the config postifx, for inclusion in the post, by default puts the protocols

inet_protocols = ipv4, ipv6

By having the server ip IPV6 in principal, it seems that Google gives preference to this if there is in the system, I have this protocol only IPV4 and now works correctly
    inet_protocols = ipv4

Thanks for the help

regards
    ------------------

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 188.165.132.225 as permitted sender) client-ip=188.165.132.225;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
    spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 188.165.132.225 as permitted sender) [email protected]
    Received: from BongoStudio (221.209.20.95.dynamic.jazztel.es [95.20.209.221])

• Edit:

After further investigation, I think we must improve postfix configuration.

For now, we tell postfix to listen on every available interfaces (ipv4 and ipv6). This is specified in the main.cf by the following parameters:

Code
    1. inet_protocols = ipv4, ipv6
    2. inet_interfaces = all

and in the SPF record of each domain we add both, the base server IP and the IP assigned to the customer by the reseller.

With the current way to do, we can end with many problems:

- If we have a stack of 10 IPs configured on the server, Postfix will use one of them as IP source for the outgoing mail. Well, as long the IP is one of these in the SPF record, We will not have any problem but in case the IP is not specified if the SPF record, we will end with a SPF validation error.

- It's not really good to let postfix choose the IP for outgoing mail randomly. If you have a customer with a particular IP that become blacklisted due to spam actions or anything else, nothing ensures you that the blacklisted IP will be the one assigned to this user.

I've already some ideas to how solve that problems (As Plesk do):

http://kb.parallels.com/en/114491

Another way:

http://www.kutukupret.com/2010…ated-outgoing-ip-address/

• Well I've thought but to make the sed command to replace all the users have found the right way.

ip4: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip4: xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

Change the entire line, not even the panel know well, I think modifying TPL bind and regenerating the config this problem would be solved, even though the system I'm looking at, but is very familiar but you must learn its new features
    [hr]

No I agree with you, just caught my attention quite see how gmail prioritizes IPV6 when in config postfix IPV4 its configured to send mail

Edited once, last by kurgans ().

• (and)/or add ipv6 entries to spf...???

/Joxi

ipv6 are already added when needed. It's not the case here.