Warning message on edit from Normal email account to Forward only.

• There is a scenario in the i-mscp interface that generate data loss when the user edit an email account from Normal & Normal + Forward to Forward type account. When the user hits the update button, imscp deletes all the emails in that account.

I guess the solution could be a pop up warning message to explain that all the emails in that account will be deleted without any chances to recover them.

• Hello Delta!

Which I-MSCP Version you are using?

Best regards

Support Infos: I-MSCP Version: 1.5.x / Distro: Debian Stretch / PHP: 7.1.27 - FPM / I-MSCP Plugins: Let´s Encrypt + PHPSwitcher (latest Versions)

• Delta04

That is an implementation detail that is discutable but not wrong ;):

• A normal mail account mean a local mailbox. Mails will be stored locally.
    • A normal mail account + forward mail account mean that mails will be fowarded to other recipient(s) but also stored locally.
    • A forward mail account doesn''t involve a local mailbox, hence the deletion of the mailbox (if any) when switching to a forward only mail account.

I think that I've already fixed the behavior in the 1.6.x branch to only remove mailboxes on account deletion, whatever the type. I'll check and backport the fix 1.5.4.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label to be fixed
  • I know, but the user can accidentally delete the emails... thing that actually happen.

Thanks!