Roundcube plugin 2.0.2 failure to upgrade

• Recently i upgraded to i-MSCP 1.5.3 from 1.5.1.
    I was using roundcube 2.0.1 plugin.
    I did not deleted the plugins before upgrade.
    After upgrade plugin was not working because of the wrong directory bug.
    I downloaded roundcube 2.0.2 plugin. Erased in mysql the id of roundcube and uploaded
    new version.
    I have the following error:

Plugin installation has failed: SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'instance'Seems i have to drop other tables ? Can anyone help a little ?

Edited once, last by sanitariu ().

• Ok i found solution.
    Here it is.
    First you must erase from mysql table plugins the id of roundcubeplugin.
    Then upload older version 2.0.1 of roundcubeplugins.
    Now you must fix this bug:
    Edit the /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/RoundcubePlugins/backend/RoundcubePlugins.pm file and change line 665:
    from: ."/var/local/imscp/composer.phar require --no-ansi -n -d=$webmailDir --update-no-dev "
    to: ."/var/local/imscp/composer.phar require --no-ansi -n -d $webmailDir --update-no-dev "
    Now from webpane force retry. Install will go on and when it finish you must deinstall the plugin then delete.
    You can now upload the latest version 2.0.2 and everything is ok.
    The idea was to keep all contacts and everything.
    I hope i am doing it ok :)

• Erased in mysql the id of roundcube and uploaded
    new version.

This is your mistake. You MUST never operate on the database manually without a good reason. If you had uploaded newer version 2.0.2 without removing any data from the database first, you would have not encountered such problem.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Yes I know manually is very bad.

The problem is that everything to be OK you must disable/uninstall all plugins. Then you make upgrade and reinstall plugins. This takes a lot of time.

My suggestion is if you can automate this somehow in the future.

• sanitariu

Disabling the plugin is sufficient. No need for uninstallation and you shouldn't do that anyway. Once the update is done, you have just to upload newest plugin version if any. Then the plugin will be updated.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206