Cannot access Ticke 22 (Mailman)

• Hi there,

i wanted to see the status of the "Mailman" Ticket (Link) but i am unable to acces it.

TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Can someone tell me how to access? Seems like a configuration/database error.

• Hello ;

Well, the error about the link comes from the gravatar plugin for Trac. I'll investigate and report the problem.

The mailman implementation was an idea from Kassah.

Thanks you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Ok thx.

Since a long time noone works on Mailman.

Is there a chance to get this feature in the future?

• One by One. I assign this Thread to kassash. Maybe he can answer

It is definitally a desire of mine.

There are a couple of complications that will keep it from being in the mainline codebase for a while...
    - Mailman 3 is almost out, which significantly changes a lot of things (their almost out is like... 2-3 years)
    - Mailman 2 has some quirks that keep it from being easy to implement. (i.e. two domains cannot use the same list name)
    - There are some controls inside mailman 2 itself that need to be patched out (i.e. remove the users control over them)

So, we're kinda stuck in a catch 22. More than likely if I do it right away. It will be a module. Nuxwin has already added some hooks into i-MSCP for that purpose.

• I know the Plek panel (while ago ;) ) and there were only options to add a list and users.

Everything else can be managed with the mailman admin panel i think.

(only setting up a new list and jump to the admin panel would be great too because everything can be configured inside the admin interface of mailman)

• I know the Plek panel (while ago ;) ) and there were only options to add a list and users.

Everything else can be managed with the mailman admin panel i think.

(only setting up a new list and jump to the admin panel would be great too because everything can be configured inside the admin interface of mailman)

Yep, it's the only reason I still use Plesk... Some of my accounts require list-servs. So those remain on Plesk.

However Plesk has the same issue, they actually provide a copy of mailman that is fully patched to their needs, such that they are providing security updates, etc. themselves. i-MSCP devs don't have the bandwidth to do that unfortunately. Thus the desire to use distro provided packages.