Alternative url doesn't work

• Hello everybody!

I use Ubuntu 14.04 Server with i-MSCP 1.2.17, Build: 20160312, Codename: Andromeda.

My problem is that when I create new domain the program generates alternative url and that url doesn't work.

The registered domain bozsokidaniel.hu is working fine like the subdomains to only the alternative url doesn't work.

My VPS FQDN is: bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk

Where can I make changes to make alternative url to work? ?(

Best,
    Daniel

• Because you have no DNS RR for any subdomains of bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk.

• Hi!

You did not point the NS of the server to your server, did you?

Code
    1. bozsokidaniel.hu. 86400 IN NS ns1.webpalace.hu.
    2. bozsokidaniel.hu. 86400 IN NS ns.webpalace.eu.
    3. ns1.webpalace.hu. 3576 IN A 91.82.117.199
    4. bozsokidaniel.hu. 14400 IN A 185.111.88.63

If you don't do this, you have to manually add DNS-records from your host to your server for every subdomain/vhost or add a wildcard or find another solution.

• Ninos: Where I can take this DNS RR settings? I check my host and the result is:

Command: host -t ns bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk
    Result: bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk name server ns1.bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk.

theemstra: My domain registrator has point the NS to my VPS! The domain is working and the subdomains to, only the alternative url doesn't work.

I need to change something in Bind9 config?

If I give you Teamviewer entry can someone check it for me?

Edited once, last by bozsi12 ().

• You're using the imscp DNS? Then normally it should work. May there was a bug in 1.2.x. Please update to 1.3.0 or 1.3.x and retry.

BTW: It's never a good idea just to use one nameserver..

• I don't know what DNS I'm using. My first registered domain is bozsokidaniel.hu and my domain registrator gives me two name servers. He makes the pointing that this domain point to my VPS and it works like a charm.

So I have this two name servers for this domain:

• ns.webpalace.eu
    • ns1.webpalace.hu

But how can I change DNS setting for my own host, bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk? Where can I found this settings?

I need this something like this: *.bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk -> 185.111.88.63

• Where are you configuring your nameservers

• ns.webpalace.eu
    • ns1.webpalace.hu

? If they're mirroring the imscp-ns, then please as stated before, update to 1.3.0 or 1.3.x...

• My domain registrator configure this two nameservers for me, I don't have permission for this:

• ns.webpalace.eu
    • ns1.webpalace.hu

and this is only for bozsokidaniel.hu domain.

They are not mirroring i-mscp NS.

How can I setup imscp nameservers or how can make this: *.bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk -> 185.111.88.63 ?

• @bozsi12

Clearly speaking, the issue is on your side, not on i-MSCP side. Note also that there has been many changes in 1.3.x branch regarding the alternative URLs. However, this will not change the situation exposed here. The problem here is a mis-configuration of your DNS. We cannot constantly teach our users regarding the basic server administration tasks...

If the panel hostname is bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk, you need to add the *.bozsoki.vps.websupport.sk IN A <IP> wildcard DNS record. If you're not the owner of the websupport.sk domain, you should probably ask your server provider (that host looks like a hostname attributed to a server).

Thank you for your understanding.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Problem solved.

My VPS provider can't add *.domain.com record so I registered new domain something.com and they make the DNS setting like I want it. Then I reconfigure my i-MSCP and then try the alternative URL and it is working!

Thank you for help and understanding!

Best,
    Daniel