Extra IP für AdminPortal

• Hallo zusammen,

mir gefällt die Neuerung wirklich gut, dass nun das Adminpanel auf einem separaten Webserver autark läuft. Nur leider werden dann keine wellknown ports mehr für den Adminzugang verwendet, da diese ja bereits fürs Hosting in Verwendung sind.

Ich habe den Server hinter der Firewall, die ein 1:1 NAT durchführt:
    Public IP 1 <-> Private IP 1
    Public IP 2 <-> Private IP 2
    Public IP n <-> Private IP n

Wäre es möglich, dass Adminportal ausschließlich an IP1, unter Verwendung der Ports 80/443 zu binden und alle weiteren IPs ausschließlich für das Hosting zu verwenden?

Beste Grüße
    Chris

• Hello,

It is not possible currently to assign a dedicated IP for the panel. The current workaround if you want access the panel through standard HTTP ports (80/443) is to use the PanelRedirect plugin with the proxy option. Here, any request made on ports 80/443 for the panel hostname will be proxyed by apache to nginx transparently.

The PanelRedirect plugin is available for free in our plugin store.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @ciscllc

No ;) He wants simply map different public IP addresses to his i-MSCP server (which is in a private LAN), and be able to assign a specific IP to the control panel (Nginx Web server) and customers (Apache2 Web server). Doing this would allow usage of ports 80/443 on the control panel without usage of the PanelRedirect plugin.

To resume, he want:

• Apache2 listening on AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA interface and ports 80/443
    • Nginx listening on BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB interface and ports 80/443

Here, the BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB IP address would be reserved to the control panel to prevent any conflict with Apache2.

Right now, i-MSCP forbids usage of ports 80/443 for the control panel (Nginx) because it is not possible yet to assign different IP addresses per service.

I'm currently working on DualStack feature. I'll also add a new interface in the control panel (admin side) that will allows to assign different IP addresses to each services (Panel, SMTP, POP/IMAP ...). Once the feature will be integrated, usage of port 80/443 for the panel will be allowed as long as the IP assigned to it is not used for customers (Apache2).

Edit: Thread moved to development corner.

• Thank you!
    the redirect plugin is an option. And in case of Apache failure, i am able to specify the port number.

• Nach hinzufügen des Addons klappt alles mit dem Adminpanel wunderbar. Nur leider klappen nun die Kunden nicht mehr.

Für jeden Kunden wird ja so eine http://vu2003.hosting.domain.tld domain angelegt. Ich nutze auch den DNS-Server des i-MSCP pakets. Ich habe hierfür extra eine delegierung der Zone hosting.domian.tld erstellt. Es funktioniert auch mit der Namensauflösung.

Bei der Einrichtung hat der Assistent mich ja nach der externen IP-gefragt und genau die trägt er auch für diese http://vu2003.hosting.domain.tld Links im internen DNS-Server ein. Dies führt dann leider dazu, dass die Seite nicht dargestellt wird und stattdessen, das Anmeldefenster des Controlcenters erscheint.

Wenn ich dem Server weitere IPs hinzufügen und dann die IP dem Kunden zuweise, dann verbleibt der DNS-Eintrag auf der im Setup angegebenen Public IP.

Wenn ich einen DNS-Record im i-MSCP erstelle und dies dann per dig teste, wird weder die neue IP ausgegeben, noch beide IPs. Stattdessen kommt immer die Standard-IP zurück.

Habt ihr da auch ne Idee zu?

Beste Grüße
    Chris

• @Ninos

Can you help here. My german is to poor here......

• Du hast der vuxxxx die IP der Domain im DNS hinzugefügt?
    Wenn ja müsste es klappen..

• latest, then when I have clients with ssl on the server, I'll need a separate public ip for each customer.How are additional public IPs added, when the server is behind a NAT firewall?

@Ninos: Don't understand you...

I cofigured for both, the adminside, and serviceside, the same url: hosting.domain.tld. Or should it be different?

• @cmcologne

latest, then when I have clients with ssl on the server, I'll need a separate public ip for each customer.How are additional public IPs added, when the server is behind a NAT firewall?

Well, simply put: We don't support such setup ATM (Multiple private IPs mapped to different public IPs). When a server is behind a NAT, all private IPs are mapped to the primary public IP address (the public IP you filled while i-MSCP installation). This issue will be addressed in future release.

BTW: With the SNI feature (which is enabled by default), there is no need to have one IP per SSL certificate. You can reuse the same IP for all your SSL certificates. Here, the distinction is made through the HTTP host header.