Listener::Named::Slave::Provisioning - Zonetransfer to Secondary Nameserver + Howto

• Listener::Named::Slave::Provisioning

This listener file will create a php script /var/www/imscp/gui/public/provisioning/slave_provisioning.php that echoes all zones available on your i-MSCP server for zone provisioning on the secondary nameserver. Optionally a HTTP authentication file will be created /var/www/imscp/gui/public/provisioning/.htpasswd. Read the configuration options in the listener file for further details.

Author / Maintainer

Compatibility
    i-MSCP >= 1.2.12

Howto install

1. Copy the 10_named_slave_provisioning.pl listener file into the /etc/imscp/listeners.d directory. This listener is available in the contrib/Listeners/Named directory of the i-MSCP archive.
    2. Run perl imscp-autoinstall -dasr named from your i-MSCP version archive and add the slave DNS servers

How-To install the slave DNS servers (w/o i-MSCP)

For this case study, we have three i-MSCP servers with the following hostnames and IP addresses:

Code
    1. imscpserver1.domain.tld 1.1.1.1
    2. imscpserver2.domain.tld 1.1.1.2
    3. imscpserver3.domain.tld 1.1.1.3

We want to add two slave nameservers with the following hostnames and IP addresses:

Code
    1. ns2.domain.tld 2.2.2.1
    2. ns3.domain.tld 2.2.2.2

For each slave nameserver we want to create, we install a fresh Debian Jessie or Ubuntu distribution (base/minimal install), and run the following commands:

Shell-Script
    1. apt-get update && apt-get install bind9 bsdutils dnsutils cron
    2. mkdir /var/log/named
    3. touch /var/log/named/bind9.log /var/log/named/security.log
    4. chown -R bind /var/log/named

Once done, in the /etc/bind/named.conf file, we need add the following configuration stanzas:

Code
    1. include "/etc/bind/named.conf.imscpserver1.domain.tld";
    2. include "/etc/bind/named.conf.imscpserver2.domain.tld";
    3. include "/etc/bind/named.conf.imscpserver3.domain.tld";

then, we need edit the /etc/bind/named.conf.local configuration file as follows:

then, we need edit the /etc/bind/named.conf.options as follow:

then, create the /root/syncdns.sh script as follow:

Code
    1. touch /root/syncdns.sh
    2. chmod +x /root/syncdns.sh

with the following content:

And finally add a cron task by running the following command:

Code
    1. echo '30 * * * * root bash /root/syncdns.sh' > /etc/cron.d/syncdns
  • Thank you for this tutorial.

But I stack at the begining:

Howto install

• Download here the listener file into the /etc/imscp/listeners.d directory.
    • Run the imscp-setup script perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup -dr named and add the slave DNS servers

I made these steps, but the http://<panel.domain.tld>:8080/provisioning/slave_provisioning.php file dosn't exsist.
    In the listeren file there are no any instructions, what need I do with it, to generate the php file.

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• @Dylan

Which i-MSCP version are you using? The listener is only compatible with i-MSCP version >= 1.2.12

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @Nuxwin

I use i-MSCP 1.2.16 on Debian Jessie
    It a new Debian Jessie install, with i-MSCP 1.2.15 and yesterday I updated it to 1.2.16

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• @Dylan

Found your problem.

You must run the following commands:

Code
    1. # cd <your_imscp_1.2.16_archive_dir># perl imscp-autoinstall -dasr named

instead of

Code
    1. # perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup -dr named

Why? Because the listener listen on the afterInstall event which is only triggered in installation context. I'll review this soon.

• @Nuxwin
    Thank you, it was the problem.
    Now slave DNS is working. :)

i-MSCP 1.5.3

• Problem fixed. Provisioning script is now created even when running imscp-setup script. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…14843a7c54...5e8a554d1332

• Sorry, I have a new problem about this.

It's seems, cron script not run.
    When I run it manualy (/root/syncdns.sh), it's ok, but if I add a new domain to master, slave not sync it automatically after period.

So I think, maybe this command wrong:

Code
    1. echo '30 * * * * root bash /root/syncdns.sh' > /etc/cron.d/syncdns

The /root/syncdns.sh chmod is: 0755
    Chown: root

On /etc/cron.d there are syncdns it contains:

Code
    1. 5 * * * * root bash /root/syncdns.sh

Any idea?
    Thank you!

i-MSCP 1.5.3

• Please, change it to

Code
    1. * * * * * root bash /root/syncdns.sh

for testing and do a tail on /var/log/syslog as follow

Shell-Script
    1. # tail -fn0 /var/log/syslog | grep CRON

then add a domain (or subdomain through your control panel), wait for the next two minutes and post us the output.

• Hmm intresting. Now worked...
    Output was:

Code
    1. Apr 18 16:12:01 ns2 CRON[5289]: (root) CMD (bash /root/syncdns.sh)
    2. Apr 18 16:13:01 ns2 CRON[6237]: (root) CMD (bash /root/syncdns.sh)
    3. Apr 18 16:14:01 ns2 CRON[7163]: (root) CMD (bash /root/syncdns.sh)
    4. Apr 18 16:15:01 ns2 CRON[8130]: (root) CMD (bash /root/syncdns.sh)

i-MSCP 1.5.3