1.5.3 - courier to dovecot

• i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Debian 9
    PHP fcgid
    Courier

@Nuxwin
    do you think it's possible to switch from courier to dovecot w/o complications during a server move (migration process) or is it better to keep courier for the time being?

thanks

• do you think it's possible to switch from courier to dovecot w/o complications during a server move (migration process) or is it better to keep courier for the time being?

• On source server, you disable (not uninstall) all plugins
    • You stop the imscp_mountall service
    • You synchronize the data as follows:

• From source server: (you need first setup SSH key)

Code
        1. rsync -ahzP --delete -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" /etc/imscp root@<target_server_ip>:/etc/
        2. rsync -ahzP --delete /etc/mysql -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" root@<target_server_ip>:/etc/
        3. rsync -ahzP --delete /etc/letsencrypt -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" root@<target_server_ip>:/etc/
        4. rsync -ahzP --delete /var/mail/virtual -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" root@<target_server_ip>:/var/mail/
        5. rsync -ahzP --delete /var/www/virtual -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" root@<target_server_ip>:/var/www/
        6. rsync -ahzP --delete /var/www/imscp -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" root@<target_server_ip>:/var/www/
        7. rsync -ahzP --delete /var/lib/mysql -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" root@<target_server_ip>:/var/lib/
        8. rsync -ahzP --delete /var/cache/awstats -e "ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null" root@<target_server_ip>:/var/cache/
    • You run i-MSCP installer as follow: perl imscp-autoinstall --fix-permissions -dr po

This should works.

• I assume here that SQL server vendor and version will be identical on both source and target server.
    • Once done, you'll have to reinstall missing dependencies for the plugins (distribution package) and force plugin update by setting their plugin_status field to toupdate.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206