.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

• Hello ;

Ok :D Next time, give me correct procedure to reproduce the bug.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi Laurent...
    The main problem is, that the htdocs folder is with rights vu***:www-data, and if you upload a file with ftp you will upload with vu***:vu***. ...
    I don't think that a simple user should fight with file permissions! This have to work out of the box and it doesn't work out of the box.
    Use a software like joomla or wordpress and activate the htaccess.. Then the problem should be appear

• Hi Laurent...
    The main problem is, that the htdocs folder is with rights vu***:www-data, and if you upload a file with ftp you will upload with vu***:vu***. ...
    I don't think that a simple user should fight with file permissions! This have to work out of the box and it doesn't work out of the box.
    Use a software like joomla or wordpress and activate the htaccess.. Then the problem should be appear

Hello ;

Again, I'm unable to reproduce that bug with last master.

I use fcgid and I've tried the following:

1. Created new database (wp) via test.com account
    2. Created new SQL user via test.com account
    3. Uploaded wordpress files to the htdocs folders of the domain test.com
    4. Installed wordpress via wordpress web installer
    5. Activated rewrite rules via wordpress admin interface (Permalink Settings --> Month and name --> http://test.com/2012/12/sample-post/)
    6. Tried access to a rewritten URL such as http://test.com/2012/12/hello-world/

And all goes fine for me (OUT OF THE BOX :P). I do not get any 403 error.

Please, can you test with last master?

BTW: Setting both, the user and the group to vuxxxx is ok as long the permissions are set as 0644 (world readable). That can be a problem only if the .htaccess file permissions are set to 0640. In such case, yes, I get an error 403. But in my case, the default permissions when I upload the files (including the .htaccess file) via the FTP client (here filezillla) are 0644, not 0640. The .htaccess file as any static file should be readable by the apache user (www-data). For now, all files uploaded via ftp are readable by everyone (0644) and I don't see any problem with that.

Thanks

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• ok..
    I will test it Laurent... I'd never test it again since the failure appears.. And i was not the only one who had this problem...
    Thanks for support Luarent

I don't search to shoot you and I don't say you are wrong in your report. I say that I'm unable to reproduce the bug when using i-MSCP out of the box in normal conditions (excluding any migration attempts with scp and so on...). ;)

Thanks. I'm waiting for your feedbacks for closing the related ticket. Since in the German corner some user begin to become crazy, we must release the rc1 ASAP. :P And of course, any help from your side is welcome too. ;)

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Since in the German corner some user begin to become crazy, we must release the rc1 ASAP. :P And of course, any help from your side is welcome too. ;)

I'm working up to 12-13 hours a day.. At the moment i don't have time. Sometime i look what i can do, but my you see it by yourself. I'm starting at 06:30 at business and after this i work for my own little company. There is nothing against anyone but i can't cut some time anywhere. :s:s
    Please don't understand it wrong.. If i have time i will help!