Problem with access.log after moving the domain temporarily to another IP

• When we updated our server I altered the DNS settings of 2 domains to point temporarily to another IP on shared webhosting to avoid downtimes.
    After changing the DNS settings back to our server the access.logs won't be updated anymore (only the error.log shows new entries, the access.log won't record any new entries)

I tried if anything change if I delete the domain and create everything new. But when deleting a domain the logs won't be deleted and the problem remains.

On this occasion I noticed that all logs of deleted domains are still present. Deleting them manually results in error messages. Is there a way to delete them safely?

Thanks in advance on any tips.

i-MSCP 1.5.3 | Ubuntu 18.04

• Hello ;

Distro, Codename, i-MSCP version?

First thing

The http logs are normally automatically removed when a domain is deleted (at least with the newest i-MSCP versions).

About your problem

Are you sure that when you changed back the IP in your DNS zone, the site that you're seeing is really the one that is stored on the updated server? I don't really see a relation between the DNS records and the http logs. The only thing for which I think about is the DNS propagation time which can make you in error, e.g: You still see the site on the temporarily server for a while due to DNS propagation time.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi, thanks for your reply.
    The imscp version is 1.2.2
    The server runs with ubuntu 14.04, Apache 2.4.12 with php fcgid

When deleting a domain the folder of this domain in var/log/apache2 that contains error and access logs won't be deleted.

When I changed the DNS settings the two sites pointed to another server (shared hosting environment).
    When changing the settings back to our server the error logs are being updated with new entries but not the access logs. The access log remains the same since the date when the DNS settings were changed.
    Yes I am 100% sure that the site is back on the server (ping says it is the IP of the server where IMSCP is installed). But no updates of access.log (whereas error.log shows new entries).
    Deleting the domain won't delete the log folder in var/log/apache2/domain.tld

P.S.: regarding access logs that don't update anymore I think I have found the reason (it affects all domains not just those two that were moved to another IP)
    [1.2.2] Apache access Log in /etc/apache2 after update

i-MSCP 1.5.3 | Ubuntu 18.04

Edited once, last by bluecafe ().