Free SSL certificates through Let's Encrypt

• No, first I'll sell it. Otherwise we cannot ship such software for support. The donations are too less. But may in late future I'll provide it for free. BTW the certs are still for free and for everyone. Just ISP's need to buy this plugin. They're everytime able to provide own plugins.

• Hi Ninos,

how much would the plugin be? As I am a student (15 years old), so my budget isn't that big.

• Nice to hear. We can talk about it, I'll write you the next few days

• Thanks Michael, this is a really great offer. Thanks for your financial and personal support to this project <3

• @alex53

Hi,

would that plugin be free? Would be reall great because the idea behind Let's Encrypt is to provide SSL certificates
    for everyone and for free.

Please, don't confuse all. The idea from Let's encrypt team which is to make any SSL certificate issuance free has nothing to do with the i-MSCP Let's Encrypt plugin which will allows to automate the SSL certificate issuance/renewal process through i-MSCP, and this without any human intervention.

The i-MSCP plugins extend the i-MSCP core and are developed by independant people. Note also that the i-MSCP team has no direct link with the Let's Encrypt team.

The SSL certificates issued from Let's Encrypt are maybe free and they will stay free but this doesn't prevent us to sell our plugins for i-MSCP. The Let's Encrypt plugin for i-MSCP will not be free.

After, all, we spend hours to develop i-MSCP for free and we gain money with our plugins and online support only (we have not so much donation). Furthermore, you're free to code your own plugin for i-MSCP.

BTW: The money for the i-MSCP Let's Encrypt plugin will goes to its developer ( @Ninos ).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• The SSL certificates issued from Let's Encrypt are maybe free and they will stay free but this doesn't prevent us to sell our plugins for i-MSCP. The Let's Encrypt plugin for i-MSCP will not be free.

After, all, we spend hours to develop i-MSCP for free and we gain money with our plugins and online support only (we have not so much donation).

isnt that the exact reason why @MichaelSchinzel is offering to sponsor this so that it CAN be free?

asperger inside(tm)

• @My1

isnt that the exact reason why @MichaelSchinzel is offering to sponsor this so that it CAN be free?

It will not be free. That all. @MichaelSchinzel represents a big company with a lot of customers. If he want sponsor a plugin to motivate us, he is welcome but that don't mean that because a plugin has been sponsored by a company, it will be free for other i-MSCP users, mostly those which act as raptors and want all for free ;) We spend hours to develop i-MSCP for free. It is our right to gain money with plugins.

There is not more discussion to have regarding this.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• isnt that the exact reason why @MichaelSchinzel is offering to sponsor this so that it CAN be free?

Next time I'll donate 1 € for your work, now you should publish your work for free. Same argument, just different amount. Really, @MichaelSchinzel is mostly one of the only guys in our community who respects our work and donate for it. If there would be more of these guys and companies in our community we wouldn't sell our plugins.

BTW: Most guys donate for plugins and features which they also need (less expensive than self-coding + better supported). Such donations are motivations for us to reprior our work. I started coding after the donation of @MichaelSchinzel.

PS: Please stop discussion. If you want to discuss, you can PM us, but there's nothing to discuss anymore.