zone transfer

• Debian GNU/Linux 7.8 (wheezy), i-mscp 1.2.2

Hello guys,

I use to have a master DNS on my server with i-mscp 1.0.x (plugin ownddns) to serve dyndns services for my customers. Everything works fine for months´til yesterday morning. For some reason
    zone transfer IXFR doesn´t work anymore. Bind log file does not even show that IXFR is started. I reconfigured named with imscp-setup ... same problem. I updated i-mscp to 1.2.2
    (I know problem with 00_master.conf on 1.2.2 and ownddns, workaround done by manually creating 00_master.conf) ... same problem.

BTW - in former times (without i-mscp) I setup dyndns by myself. Now since I use i-mscp, I´m forced (?) to use plugin, cause I do not know how to permanently modify e.g. named.conf.options.
    i-mscp always modifies my changes. In my opinion there are done conflicting settings like 'named.conf.options -> allow-transfer { none; };' and 'named.conf.localallow-transfer { slave dns; localhost; };'

So I´d like to know:
    - how to get zone transfer working again
    - how to make manual changes in any config file (not even bind) make permanent without later changes by i-mscp

Thank you very much - it´s quite urgent

Raimund

• - cant help with IXFR, need to know more about your setup. how you realize the transfer. more settings.
    - what problem with 00_master.conf? it is not a problem, but expected behaviour (just different than before). you can use PanelRedirect plugin or ServerDefaultPage plugin (depends on what behaviour you want)
    - yes, i-MSCP overrides your manual changes in configuration files of services, that are used by i-MSCP. if you want to make persistent changes, you can write simple listener files (hooks). read on forum, how to do that and how to use them.

1. search Forum, so you find this Listener::Named::Zonetransfer - Zonetransfer to Secondary Nameserver + Howto a listener that helps to provision zones.
    2. search Forum, so you find this http://i-mscp.net/index.php/Bo…usly-known-as-hook-files/ here are a lot of examples for hooks/listeners

• Hello flames,

well, thank you so far. I think you´re right, I should read more about listeners. Is it ok to come back to this thread, if there are still questions afterwards?

Raimund

• Hello flames,

sorry for stupid question - could you give me a hint for listeners - e.g. how to setup up a listener file, which assure to set specific record in zone file, which i-mscp
    does not overwrite?

Raimund

• i gave you already a link, where you can find a listener to modify zones. just read the topic, and modify the listener (Listener::Named::nameservers) there to your needs

• Yes you´re right, your answer was very detailed like documentation in imscp wiki ;). Having to use a hardly commented
    400 line script to make a single setting permanent isn´t quite convenient. I´ll do it my way.

Nevertheless - thank you very much.

Raimund

• you still didn't read the thread i gave you a link to. there is a second listener file Listener::Named::nameservers
    and yes, the thread is very detailed. do you expect we write for every duplicate question a fully documented answer? -.-

• heh, you try to help people, but some of them don't want to read, they want to get everything served on a silver platter in perfect mouthpieces. if they don't, they write sarcastic shit and dislike you for the adequate reaction. i love that, as much as i love diarrhea :)

• @gg1

Next time, don't ask if you do not want learn.. We'll not do the job for you ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206