Monitorix problems with some Graphs

• Hello guys,
    Monitorix was running perfectly until a couple of days ago (when I updated i-MSCP and Monitorix to the latest versions).

System:
    Debian Wheezy x64, apache2, php-fpm, the rest completely standard
    i-MSCP 1.1.22

Error when reloading monitorix plugin:

I just changed the config.php file in order to enable the graphs I'd like to see, but it seems like these graphs are not found

Another question:
    As far as I know, there should be a cronjob for monitorix, but I can't find where it's located.
    In logfile /var/log/imscp/monitorix-plugin-cronjob.log, I can see the last run was exactly when I updated the plugin to the last version.

If you need eny further information please tell me, I'll give you everything needed in order to resolve.
    Thank you, bye Kess.

• I have the same error, upgraded from 1.1.21, same config as above, newest monitorix plugin.
    I thing the error is this folder path, especially in the double slash, which makes the path invalid.

Code
    1. Unable to create the file '/var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/Monitorix//cgi/monitorix.conf.path'. No such file or directory

Where do I need to change the path? I cant find it...

• Hello ;

Try to uninstall and re-install the plugin (also the monitorix package). I'll test an update from older version later.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @Nuxwin: I did the requested steps, same error. Furthermore I just got this:

Code
    1. Message: ----------------[BEGIN]--------------------------
    2. Plugin Manager: Unknown plugin CronJobs
    3. User IP: 219.74.xx.xx
    4. Message: ----------------[END]----------------------------

Does that mean I need the CronJob plugin for Monitorix plugin?

• No ! ! !

I don't know what you have done. The Cronjobs plugin is not required by the Monitorix plugins.

• I do some test right now.

• @timo Vomstein

Please:

• Uninstall the plugin (full uninstallation)
    • Purge the monitorix package ( aptitude purge monitorix )
    • Be sure that configuration file were removed ( rm -fR /etc/monitorix )
    • Re-install the monitorix package
    • Re-install the plugin ( latest version )

If you cannot figure out alone, add my SSH key to your server and give me your IP. Also, send me credentials for panel (admin) access.

BTW: The default configuration as provided by the monitorix package for the graphs doesn't work with all systems. Eg, the fs graph doesn't work out of box. You must adjust the fs list in the configuration file according your system. I'll add a note in the plugin configuration file and disable any graph which require further configuration.

For the problem about the update, this is because some paths were changed by the old version of the plugin ( such as the base_dir path) and I forget to reset them... This will be fixed in next version but for now, uninstalling and re-installing the plugin as stated above should do the job.

@kess

As said above, enabling a graph without further configuration is not sufficient in most case because the default configuration doesn't work with all systems.

Refs: https://sourceforge.net/p/moni…mailman/message/33122941/

• Re;

ok, I did found many errors in the plugin ( shame on me ). I'll release a new version today.

After my fixes:

• @kess

A new version will be released in the next minutes but don't forget that to enable some graphs, you must first configure them correctly. From now, only graphs which are working out of box will be enabled by default.

For instance, the mail graph requires further configuration because default configuration as provided by the Monitorix package make assumption of sendmail MTA usage, while with i-MSCP, the MTA in use is postfix... This is just an example to explain why many graphs will not work out of box. You can configure each graphs by either editing the /etc/monitorix/monitorix.conf configuration file ( not recommended way ), or by redefining graphs configuration sections in an extra configuration file such as /etc/monitorix/conf.d/20-local.conf.

In a later version, I'll provides predefined configuration sections in the /etc/monitorix/conf.d/20-imscp.conf extra configuration file when this will be possible but I've not time to do that today ;)