Backup mail folders

• Please open a ticket for a feature request.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Searching the forum for: "mail folder backup"
    gives only 2 results ... mine and the other from Oct 4th 2012 who
    said "also, iMSCP does not backup mail at this point, I think this should be integrated, agree?"
    This was 3 years ago. Seems like no one is interested in making backup for mail folders.
    If there is no interest please ignore me and close the topic.

• @sanitariu

You misunderstood @gOOvER here. He wanted to say that you posted in the wrong forum (section).

Please, open a ticket here: http://youtrack.i-mscp.net/issues

• I've used and modified a little bit the actual full backup script for version 1.2.2 and added the following:
    1. Added date/time stamp to sql archive.
    2. Added backup function of all mail folders in /var/mail/virtual/*

This can easily be added to an future version, somebody from the dev team can also add a new mail backup button into i-mscp interface.
    The attached file can be copied over the existing one in /var/www/imscp/engine/backup

Check my last message for the updated version

• Is it possible to create a pr (github) with the button in the ui? :)

• @Ninos

I doubt that simply adding a button in the interface can allow to save the mail folder :D

• After a little more time spent on this, I've added also the "button" backup mail into reseller add/edit domain page.
    Now selecting the full backup also backups the mail, selecting mail backup only backups mail folder.
    All the existing /var/www/imscp/ files should be overwritten with the ones into the archive. Do not overwrite the hole directory as it will change the existing permission, but only the files.