PHP connect to external mysql database forbidden?

• IMSCP 1.1.18
    PHP 5.4
    MariaDB 5.5
    Debian Wheezy

a client installed a custom script which connects to his external mysql server, he told me since update to 1.1.18 the connection link does not work anymore ...
    something has changed?

Regards

• Hi,

which connection direction? Is the script on the i-mscp-server and connects to an external mysql-server or the other way around?
    What says the script when it try to connect?

Greets
    Chris

• Hi,

which connection direction? Is the script on the i-mscp-server and connects to an external mysql-server or the other way around?
    What says the script when it try to connect?

Greets
    Chris

yes, the script connects from imscp host to an external mysql server
    error log: client denied by server configuration

I know there are client denied errors from htaccess stuff ... but there is no htaccess inside his folder
    Subdomain of a Alias Domain ...

• It sounds like that you can´t call the load the script, right? So, there is no problem with the mysql connection.
    In the version 1.1.18 were changes in the apache config files, but I don´t find the thread with the announcement. ?(
    I think some more details are necessary to find the problem. It seems there is a problem with the access rights on the system.

• but usually we can assume that imscp do not block querys from an external database server?

Well, I asked you about the direction. Now you say, that the external server connects to your i-mscp server? That is the other direction as you told above.

• @fulltilt

You are not clear with your explanations... You should do some efforts about that because we are loosing time for understanding what you really mean ;)

The error here has nothing to do with the SQL server. This is an error from Apache. The question are: Where the file is located ? What are the permissions set on this script and it parent directory?

See also: https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/…niedByServerConfiguration

Thanks ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I guess it is not a file permission problem (location is a subdomain of a alias domain) standard permission rights
    my question was whether the script is not allowed to pull data from the external mysql server
    I'm still waiting for logs from the other site ... maybe something is wrong there

• @fulltilt

Code
    1. error log: client denied by server configuration

Before asking about SQL, you should fix that apache error.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206