browser lang bug?

• Debian Squeeze
    imscp 1.1.18
    PHP 5.3

seems there is a problem in current release with the browser language (safari)
    the customer get's an error message > unknown error please contact your administrator

• Hello ;

Thanks you for your report. I'll give a try and fix ;)

Could you open a ticket on our bug tracker?

Edit: I'm wondering from where the lang_ string comes... Can you please check that in your user_gui_props database table, you don't have any lang field containing the lang_ string?

Thanks

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Re;

I'm able to reproduce the problem by setting the locale to lang_ manually. Such locale is not valid.

This problem occurs because in your imscp database (I bet for a database that has been migrated from ispCP), an entry is wrong. This can be either the value of one lang field from the user_gui_props table, or the value of the USER_INITIAL_LANG parameter from the config table that is wrong.

Well, I'll fix the code to avoid such exceptions but you should consider to fix your database entries. Eg, for any values which are not a valid locale such as en_GB, you should change them to auto.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I can confirm this problem. In my case it was caused by records with value "LANG_" in the "USER_INITIAL_LANG" Field of the user_gui_probs table. I corrected it using this query:

SQL
    1. UPDATE `user_gui_props` SET lang='de_DE' WHERE lang='LANG_'

I noticed that only some of the oldest records were affected. Since my ispCP database is very old (in fact it was migrated from VHCS to ispCP) it might be a porblem that was caused by an older ispCP or even VHCS release...