How to upgrade from ispCP 1.0.3 to i-MSCP 1.1.14 ?

• Hi,

I have an old server running ispCP Omega 1.0.3
    I read on the wiki than the upgrade to laststes i-MSCP version is possible from version 1.0.7 only.

Is there a tip to upgrade my server by another way ?

• No at first you need to upgrade to the 1.0.7 and than you can migrate to imscp. If you have not so many customers, you can also install imscp and than add them manually :)

• Hummm I have a lot of customer on this server (60) so its a little bit boring to move them manually...

I will try to find an old documentation to make the upgrade to 1.0.7 (not so easy)

I have another question : what is the best to make upgrade of i-mscp (ou ispcp) : start with a debian upgrade and after make panel upgrade or vice et versa ?

• Hello ;

Instructions for upgrading your ispCP to ipsCP 1.0.7 can been found in the ispCP archive (in the docs directory) ;) Assuming that you are using Debian: http://isp-control.net/ispcp/b…/docs/Debian/INSTALL#L117

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• thanks Nuxwin :)

I have this error during the upgrade to 1.0.7 :

Code
    1. Starting ispCP update * Stopping services: .......... [ Done ] ispCP main configuration file * Loading old ispCP configuration file: [ Done ] * Update ispCP configuration file: [ Done ] * Check ispCP configuration file: [ Done ] Pre-installation tasks for Debian * Postgrey configuration (Updating listening port): [ Done ] ispCP database * Update ispCP database schema: [ Failed ] [FATAL] An error occurred during update process! Correct it and re-run this program. Log files are stored in /var/log/ispcp/setup You can also find help at http://isp-control.net/forum

The the log file, I have this :

• In the last log:

[1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

So it try to connect with user "root" with no password, but sorry, I don't remember how the update was working with iSPCP, too old, nuxwin should be more able to help you on this.

• We have also some old Webservers like yours. This is a big problem, we tried to Upgrade them to I-MSCP but the way to do this is very difficult and with many database corrections and problems aligned. So best case is to transfer the customers by hand to a stable I-MSCP Installation. The biggest problem are the E-Mail Account passwords because Customers dont like it, when the password of the email account changes.

For this we have Use an PHP Script which give you the Login passwords of the ISPCP E-Mail Accounts that you can transfer the customers with the same E-Mail password:

PHP
    1. #!/usr/bin/php -q<?php$SQLHST = "localhost";$SQLUSR = "root";$ISPCPDB = "ispcp";error_reporting(0);echo "MySQL password for $SQLUSR@$SQLHST: ";system('stty -echo');$SQLPW = trim(fgets(STDIN));system('stty echo');$QUERY = "SELECT `mail_users`.mail_acc,`mail_users`.mail_pass,`domain`.domain_name FROM `domain` INNER JOIN `mail_users` ON (`mail_users`.domain_id = `domain`.domain_id) WHERE `mail_type` LIKE 'normal_mail' OR `mail_type` LIKE 'normal_mail,normal_forward'";require '/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php';$link = mysql_connect( $SQLHST, $SQLUSR, $SQLPW);if (!$link) { die('keine Verbindung moeglich: ' . mysql_error());}mysql_select_db( $ISPCPDB, $link) or die('Could not select database.');$result = mysql_query($QUERY);if (!$result) { die('Ungueltige Abfrage: ' . mysql_error());}$FORMAT = "Domain MailAdr: [ %s@%s ] Passwort: [ %s ]\n";while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) { printf ( $FORMAT, $row[0], $row[2], decrypt_db_password ($row[1]));}printf ("\n");mysql_close($link);$QUERY = "SELECT `mail_users`.mail_acc,`mail_users`.mail_pass,`domain_aliasses`.alias_name FROM `domain_aliasses` INNER JOIN `mail_users` ON (`mail_users`.sub_id = `domain_aliasses`.alias_id) WHERE `mail_type` LIKE 'alias_mail' OR `mail_type` LIKE 'alias_mail,alias_forward'";$link = mysql_connect( $SQLHST, $SQLUSR, $SQLPW);if (!$link) { die('keine Verbindung moeglich: ' . mysql_error());}mysql_select_db( $ISPCPDB, $link) or die('Could not select database.');$result = mysql_query($QUERY);if (!$result) { die('Ungueltige Abfrage: ' . mysql_error());}$FORMAT = "Aliasdomain MailAdr: [ %s@%s ] Passwort: [ %s ]\n";while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) { printf ( $FORMAT, $row[0], $row[2], decrypt_db_password ($row[1]));}printf ("\n");mysql_close($link);

So you can transfer the customer by Hand and with their own passwords. After you got the passwords from your customers E-Mail Adresses, you can add this new to the new added I-MSCP Account.You can transfer the E-Mails of the customers for Example with imapsync:

Copies Folders:

Code
    1. imapsync --noauthmd5 --host1 <Quell_Host> --user1 <alter_benutzername> --password1 <passwort> --host2 <Ziell_Host> --user2 <neuer_benutzername> --password2 <passwort> --justfolders

Copies E-Mails to the Folders:

Code
    1. imapsync --noauthmd5 --host1 <Quell_Host> --user1 <alter_benutzername> --password1 <passwort> --host2 <Ziell_Host> --user2 <neuer_benutzername> --password2 <passwort>

Imapsync is not available as debian package, so you must only downlaod it from https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync , change the command line to the folder imapsync and start the commands :)

With rsync you can transfer the Files of the Webspaces for example:

Code
    1. rsync -avz -e 'ssh -p 222' --progress htdocs/ root@<NEWSERVER>:/var/www/virtual/<DOMAINNAME>/htdocs

After this you must the the user Permissions new.

When you are a good Linux administrator and fast on linux shell, you can transfer a customer with some email adresses in about 5-10 minutes. So to transfer the 60 Customers you must calculate 5 Houres. Step by step. When you like your customers, you can make appointment with each customer for the transfer of the Webspace Account to the new server. You can bait them with new Features like PHP Switchter, Spamassassin, ... The check the needed time you can also first transfer only the customers which have no Database or only the customers which have no E-Mail Adresses.... But this is your part :)

• Very nice usefull tips MichaelSchinzel !
    We are confronted to the same problems :)
    In my case, I hopefully generaly use external mail server, so I don't have to much mailbox to move.

I have started the migration one by one... 65 customers left... a lovely week is annouced :)

By the way, I was really enjoyed by the upgrade process from Squeeze/i-MSCP 1.0.3 to Wheezy/i-MSCP 1.1.14 on one of my server

The legacy of i-MSCP (VHCS and after ispCP Omega) made the upgrade process not so easy (and clearly dangerous in my case), but I'm happy now to see Nuxwin manage this wonderfull Control Panel

It was confort my choice to use i-MSCP for now and for the future :)