i-MSCP in productive environment

• Dear community ;

A Little reminder about my recommendations to run i-MSCP in productive environment

i-MSCP is mainly developed for the Debian based distributions (Debian, Ubuntu). Therefore, for a productive environment, I would recommend to choose Debian. Indeed, you should never forgot that the release process for Ubuntu is less rigorous than for Debian. Many users are complaining about Debian because the packages doesn't provide the last software versions. However, you shouldn't forgot that the stability is really important in a productive environment. Therefore, if you have to choose between a new feature and the stability, your choice should go to the stability.

I don't recommend Debian testing (Jessie) for a productive environment. Indeed, even if the testing is enough stable, many changes made in it can broke i-MSCP (this was the case this week) or the services...

When you use i-MSCP, you must not forgot that it's only a software which allow some automation. i-MSCP is not responsible of the usage you made of your system. Many services (out of i-MSCP) are run (MTA, DNS, FTP, IMAP, POP...) and each service has a cost for your system in term of resources (CPU time, memory, IO operations...). Therefore, when you choose i-MSCP (as any other control panel) you should keep in mind that a system with too few resources will not fit to the general requirements for a shared hosting environment. I see many users which are running i-MSCP and all related services on a virtual machine with too few resources (CPU, Memory...). It's hard to give you a recommendation about the needed resources but what is sure is that a system with too few memory will have many problems.

To be continued... (too tired to write ATM) ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello ;

I've already seen a server with more than 250 customers but you cannot repose on that information since such thing doesn't depend on i-MSCP but depends on the server that you're using. For instance, you can have a single customer which will eat all your server's resources if he can create unlimited number of sites and so on...

As say in my previous post, i-MSCP is only a software which allow to manage a shared hosting environment by automating management tasks.

• @gOOvER

Do you have see the date of the first post? ;)

• @gOOvER

No problem my friend ;) We all like the bottle but maybe you should consider to stop drinking OUCH :D