OwnDDNS - Admin should be able to set the TTL

• Hi,

i think the admin should be able to change the TTL for OwnDDNS

At the moment i have to change the TTL by hand inside the imscp db.
    in domain_dns and ownddns_accounts I add 120 behind the name ( i.e. "home 120" )

now the update url looks like this:

Code
    1. [url]http://admin.host.serverdomain.de/ownddns.php?action=update&data=home 120;HEREISTHEACCESSKEY;home.mydomain.de[/url]

greetz
    FISA4

• Hi,
    You can go this way, but the plugin will never use this. You give the possibilty to set a system setting to public.
    The TTL will be available in the next version, but it will be a global setting with the config.php.

• Hello ;

I'll add the TTL field in the domain_dns table in next version. BTW someone here can explain me again what is the exact purpose of the OwnDNS plugin? (sorry for my laziness)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• It is a service like Dyndns.

Nuxwin: Do you also add the column for subdomain_id in the domain_dns table? So I could also change the OpenDKIM plugin to work with subdomains.

• @mrpink

my idea is to replace the column alias_id by a domain_type column which is more explicit and avoid to have X columns. this allow to have

domain_dns_id
    domain_id
    domain_type (dmn|als|sub|alssub)
    domain_dns
    domain_ttl
    domain_class
    domain_record_type
    domain_text
    owned_by

instead of

domain_dns_id
    domain_id
    alias_id
    subdomain_id
    subdomain_alias_id
    domain_dns
    domain_ttl
    domain_class
    domain_record_type
    domain_text
    owned_by

Of course, this involve much work but finally, it's more easy to manage.

The better should be to merge the domain, subdomain, domain_aliasses, subdomain_alias tables in one table but this involve too many changes...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Yes, that is also ok and the much better approach.