Reverse DNS zone for e-mail

• Hi forum!

I have panel version 1.1.4 and have some problems with e-mail. Some servers drop e-mails from my server , because we dont have correct reverse DNS record. I fixed this problem for one domain with spf record, but its realy hard to add it for all new and old customers. maybe anybody know some work solution for this probem? Or last panel version is solution for my problem?

• Hello ;

First, you must update because the 1.1.4 was a disaster and you'll end with many corrupted user/domain data if you don't...

About the spf record: Normally, those record are added automatically by i-MSCP.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• The RDNS record is provided by your datacenter provider. You don't have to configure it for every domain hosted in your server, but only for your server itself.
    Server Fqhn resolves to IP
    IP resolves to Fqhn hostname
    Server FQHN is equal to Helo/Ehlo

• tnx for answers! I send request to y provider and will wait for answer :)

If I run last version of imscp-autonstaller -d it overwrite all config files or would it destroy something? =) Its upgrade only imscp core or start new instalation?

• Sorry for my fast reply, it was done with my mobile.

If you invoke the command "perl imscp-autoinstall -d" your installation will be upgraded, nothing will be lost

To return to your problem, you have problems in sending e-mails because you try to identify yourself with the HELO/EHLO command that says for example "I am imscp.myhostserver.com" and I'm contacting you from IP address 1.2.3.4, but the RDNS of IP 1.2.3.4 resolves to someting different from "imscp.myhostserver.com". that's why you have to ask to configure your RDNS record.

Hope it was useful for you and for Others.
    Bye Kess.

• Hi!

I solved RDNS problem, but i have problem with upgrade:

[ERROR]

autoinstaller::Adapter::Debian::preBuild:
    /etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d/sendmail: 7: .: Can't open
    /usr/share/sendmail/dynamic
    run-parts: /etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d/sendmail exited with return code 2
    run-parts: /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc exited with return code 1
    iMSCP::Debug::END: Exit code: 1

1.1.3 > 1.1.9

I tried upgrade from 1.1.3 > 1.1.5 but script show me same error.