OpenDKIM and domain deletion issue

• Hello ;

Bug found. When a domain for which OpenDKIM is enabled, is being deleted, the openDKIM plugin sets the status of the domain back to 'tochange', resulting to many orphaned entries and orphaned files on the file system (causing many issues)... This is easy to fix, I'll simply check the domain status and if it is set to 'todelete', the status will not be reset back to 'tochange'..

Above, you can see the deletion process in action for a domain which have OpenDKIM support enabled... As you can see, the domain status has been set back to 'tochange'...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Re;

Works in progress...

Version 0.0.2 will addresses the following issues (and maybe more...)

• Changed: Plugin DNS record owner name from 'opendkim_feature' to 'OpenDKIM_Plugin'
    • Changed: Plugin now use the database migration API provided by i-MSCP
    • Fixed: Backend's actions must be idempotent
    • Fixed: Database schema (wrong foreign keys, useless opendkim_id index, useless column)
    • Fixed: Domain data are not removed properly on deletion when OpenDKIM support is enabled
    • Fixed: Many i18n issues
    • Fixed: Customers list must be displayed only if one customer is candidate for OpenDKIM feature (reseller level)
    • Fixed: OpenDKIM must not force activation of the custom DNS record feature, it must stay independant
    • Fixed: Status 'tochange' for OpenDKIM items is not handled
    • Fixed: TTL for OpenDKIM TXT DNS record must be set to a low value to allow faster key renewal
    • Fixed: When a reseller has no customer, the OpenDKIM management interface must not be reachable (reseller level)

Work still in progress so please, don't try to install the version from the incubator. This new release will be published this evening if all goes fine.

Thanks.

• That's a nasty bug. I have deleted an user domain/account and now I have error 500 on all domains including the address where the i-mscp pannel is located. Software configuration, i-mscp 1.1.8 and OpenDkim plugin.

• @Delta04

Well, it's fixed and a new version for this plugin will be published this evening. ATM, you can solve your problem easily by removing orphaned file/data manually. I'm in support session ATM. If you're not sure about how to solve the problem, wait me.

• @Delta04 FB please ;)

• "Fixed: OpenDKIM must not force activation of the custom DNS record feature, it must stay independant"

Great point :)

So, if I understand, now, we will not have to enable the "Custom DNS" feature for customers to be able to enable DKIM for them right ? (when this update will be released)

Good job ;)

• Hello ;

@Athar

Exactly. Currently, when OpenDKIM is activated for a customer, the custom DNS records feature is automatically activated (this only to display the openDKIM TXT DNS records on the customer domain page).
    Forcing the activation of the custom DNS records feature only to display the OpenDKIM DNS records is something useless. This is not because these TXT records are added into the database that we must absolutely display them in the user interface. Anyway, the user can show the openDKIM key through its OpenDKIM page.

However, If we want really show the OpenDKIM TXT DNS records (as any DNS record not owned by the custom DNS records feature), this must be solved in the i-MSCP core directly (by filtering the DNS records which must be displayed). This will be done in the 1.1.10 version of i-MSCP. (Edit: Done. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…e79bb9d3aa7cd01a1fb58d56b and https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…5171bdd1599c721c6268f05c7 )

About the release date, this was initially planned for yesterday evening but, due to many support sessions, I'm a little late. ;)