Best Way from 1.1.0rc4 to 1.1.3

• Hello,

i think it is time to upgrade my i-mscp Panel from 1.1.0rc4 to aktuall 1.1.3. But i aksed my self which is the best way. Ok i must change my config files after upgrading, but could i upgrade direct from my version to the newest one via upgrade script, or have i do it step by step? must i set the quota in panel for domain and mail new, or will it take over? The system is also still squeeze, so i must update to latest stabel of debian too. Will this automaticaly done by i-mscp or should i first update debian and than the panel? Sorry but i could find a good howto and i do this not so often.
    Thx for help

• Hello ;

Distro? Codename ? Any exotic changes ?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi Nuxwin,

Distro is Debian Squeeze. Changes only for some Domains-> php.ini Settings for Upload Filesize and fopen. In Roundcube add Plugin with Userpassword change and Sieve for Filtering. Therefor installed Dovecot with Sieve Spamfilter. Set Qutoa in Panel for all User in Bandwidth and Mail. Mailaliases and Forwards too.

• I'm joining this thread. I'm currently on Debian Squeeze with iMSCP 1.1.0-rc 2.3. No exotic changes :) Is it safe to upgrade to 1.1.3 without breaking anything?

• Hello ;

You can update from any old iMSCP versions to the latest stable version (currently the 1.1.5) without problem (as long your current system fits with the requirements for the last version). Of course, if you have any exotic change, you must know what you are doing. It is also recommended to disable all plugins before update and re-enable them one by one without forgot to update them if an update is available in the plugin store.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thx Nuxwin for taking time and answer this. I will do like this: 1. Update Squeeze to Wheezy and than Update i-MSCP latest Version.

edit: Nuxwin perhaps you have a short advice for updating i-MSCP and reconfigure the Configfiles. What whould the best way to do so and which files will overwritten by the updater? As far as i know from the last time i did it, i have to reconfigure the php.ini for all the customers. But what is with Roundcube, Mailquota in DB set manually above 2GB, Sieve and spammassasin and so on? Will this change while updating?
    Many Thx