• What is the output of

Code
    1. spamd --version

Code
    1. root@
    2. spamd --version
    3. SpamAssassin Server version 3.4.0
    4. running on Perl 5.18.2
    5. with SSL support (IO::Socket::SSL 1.992)
    6. with zlib support (Compress::Zlib 2.064)

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0

• Ok, I assume what it could be. Let's make a test to ckeck if that solves your problem.

Open the file /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/SpamAssassin/config.php and go to the last line and add the red entry:

'spamassassinOptions' => '--ipv4 --max-children=5 --sql-config --nouser-config --username=debian-spamd --port=783 --helper-home-dir=/var/lib/spamassassin'

Then click on Update Plugins button.

• Ok, I assume what it could be. Let's make a test to ckeck if that solves your problem.

Open the file /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/SpamAssassin/config.php and go to the last line and add the red entry:

'spamassassinOptions' => '--ipv4 --max-children=5 --sql-config --nouser-config --username=debian-spamd --port=783 --helper-home-dir=/var/lib/spamassassin'

Then click on Update Plugins button.

still the same error message

my System :

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 9.13 | Codename: wheezy
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3| Build: 20181208 | Codename: Ennio Morricone
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)YubiKeyAuth 1.1.0

• Teamviewer?
    Send me a PM with the ID and Password.

• Solved via Teamviewer.

There was a dead spamd process in the background. After killing the process I was able to start SpamAssassin.