SpamAssassin Plugin Problem after upgrade

• Slow down, there is no reason to offend anybody here who asks questions that have not been answered and searched for a way to make the system work correctly again. ;) Thank you for your last posting, it was the first constructive and helpful answer. If sometime social manners will be available at Amazon, I will tell you. ;)

• Slow down, there is no reason to offend anybody here who asks questions that have not been answered and searched for a way to make the system work correctly again. ;) Thank you for your last posting, it was the first constructive and helpful answer. If sometime social manners will be available at Amazon, I will tell you. ;)

Sorry but here, your system was broken only because your wrong way to manage... If you search on the forum, you'll find several threads where we say: Disable the plugin before update and so on... You do not like to be blamed? then think more before writing such bullshit... Our forum is not a creche. We have not time to play like Linux teacher. To resume, next time, use the search feature on our forums.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• So please add this information to the wiki, because that was the way i went to go. And please don't change apples with pears. I don't mind about being blamed, but I mind about unfriendly people as you seem to be (to me in this posting). I never asked for a linux teacher, I asked for support for I-MSCP and nothing else.

Sorry for writing this and sorry for wasting your time, but typing "search the forum" or something like that would have wasted less. Thanks for your great work, I will klick on the donate button in your signature. That's all I wanted to say.

• @Nuxwin little question:
    Isn't it possible to deactivate automatically all plugins before running the installer script? I think the script must just change the plugins flags to "disabled"? :D

• @encendedor

I'll not add this info to the wiki because disabling the plugin must be done only if you encounter some problem.

@Ninos

The problem is that some plugins must act during i-MSCP update. For instance, the PhpSwitcher in next version will implement the change action which is triggered in two specific contexts:

• When i-MSCP is updated
    • When the plugin configuration has been changed

Here, the PhpSwitcher plugin must (I forgot this in previous version) implements the change action to be sure that even when i-MSCP is updated, the PHP versions as set by customers will not be reset back to the default PHP version. Currently, if you use the PhpSwitcher plugin to provide alternative PHP versions to your customers, they will be reset back to the default PHP version each time you update i-MSCP. Such a thing must be considered as a bug.

I thinks you understand me there. It's only an example but you should be able to imagine how other plugins can also use the change action to add their configuration parts in service configuration files when i-MSCP is updated (such as the Postfix main.cf file and so on...).

To resume, disabling all plugin before each update is not the way to go. I'll try to find a better way (eg, catch any error and disable the plugin automatically if needed).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206