Webmail Links

• Moin,

seit dem Update auf 1.1 staple funktionieren die Webmail Links der Kunden nicht mehr.

Früher hatten wir immer www.DOMAIN.de/webmail als Link zum Webmail. Dieser existiert aber nicht mehr?

Kann ich den wiederbeleben?

Danke schonmal im Voraus!

stay hungry, stay foolish!

• Those links were removed. You can use this hook file: Hooks::Apache2::Tools::Redirects

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @Sunghost

Search on the forum ;)

• Sorry but i searched back until 2013 and found lots of entries for webmail and only a few with redirect, but nothing to the reason why it was removed. Please point me to that, while your are more in deep of that - thx.

• The reason is, that forders like /pma, /webmail, /ftp wouldn't work anymore. There're may some customers who want to use such folders. Big shared hosters also don't support weblinks. You can find the links on the homepage of the shared hosters or in the admin panel. If a customer wants to have this weblinks, he can simply write a redirect script or just create subdomains.

If you want to use the weblinks for all customers, so just use the hook posted before:
    Hooks::Apache2::Tools::Redirects

• Ok read that it was removed -ok. But i understand that the only reason is that big hoster didnt use that. But why? They only want to use an link or form over there own homepage? Right? Ok - good idea why not. But there is no technical or secure reason for that right? Only less coding support and the wish of big hoster, right? Beside is there an list who uses i-mscp and how big they are or some information about there infrastruction? Whould nice to read about some others and there success with i-mscp and the good work of all.

yes found that link too. thx

• The reason is, that forders like /pma, /webmail, /ftp wouldn't work anymore. There're may some customers who want to use such folders.

• @Sunghost

There is no need to debate. The links were removed for many reasons:

• To avoid to pollute the user's webspace with i-MSCP tools
    • To avoid brute force attack on these pages

If you want re-add those links, install the Hook file as mentioned by @Ninos

Thread closed.