Do a PHP version check on install!

• I installed PHP 5.4.9 on Debian Squeeze and it resulted with imscp-autoinstall giving the error that php5-suhosin couldn't be installed an thus fails.

What i did was that i removed all code inside autoinstaller::Adapter::Debian::installPackages and it let me through although suhosin wasn't installed.

And everything seems fine, haven't found any problems yet so.

I think there should be some kind of check which php version is installed before throwing an error.

• We support PHP versions as provided by Debian repository (per version repository). Therefore, the php5-suhosin package is normally available for squeeze.

Anyway, I'm wondering why you edited the installer code, while you can edit the /docs/Debian/packages-squeeze.xml file and remove the php5-suhosin package from the list of packages to install... I see many things done by guys like you... and generally, at end, the story is always same: Why this doesn't works and so on...

Also, as stated by gOOvER, a simple update to the current stable (wheezy) would also solve this problem. I'm wondering why you installed a newer PHP version on squeeze instead of simply update to Wheezy.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• We support PHP versions as provided by Debian repository (per version repository). Therefore, the php5-suhosin package is normally available for squeeze.

Anyway, I'm wondering why you edited the installer code, while you can edit the /docs/Debian/packages-squeeze.xml file and remove the php5-suhosin package from the list of packages to install... I see many things done by guys like you... and generally, at end, the story is always same: Why this doesn't works and so on...

Also, as stated by gOOvER, a simple update to the current stable (wheezy) would also solve this problem. I'm wondering why you installed a newer PHP version on squeeze instead of simply update to Wheezy.

While the installer directed me saying the error happened in installerPackages i just tried nulling the function and it worked.

What do you mean by "Guys like you", that sounds really offensive tbh, i just wanted to inform that you really should check if the os has an php version not requiring Suhosin installed. As you should know Suhosin isn't necessary beyond php 5.4.1.

My intentions was to update php not the OS, i dont have any reasons to really update to wheezy.

• What do you mean by "Guys like you", that sounds really offensive tbh,

Yes, it is ;)

By "Guys like you" I want say those that are editing things (or doing things) without thinking more... Again, we are providing an installer able to install i-MSCP out of the box using software versions as they are provided by Debian repositories (per version repository). Now, if you want tune your distro, feel free but don't ask us to check for specific software version when it's already possible to just edit a single file, which contain package list...

If you look in the package files, you'll see that we are aware of what is needed or not for php5. The php5-suhosin package is not listed in the Wheezy's package list.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().