Nach Update kein roundcube / mysql zerschossen...

• Hallo,
    hab mal ein etwas größeres Problem, teilweise selbst in den Griff bekommen aber leider noch nicht ganz....
    Update per Script aus dem Wiki (akt. GIT-Master) - auf Debian Squeeze Server.
    Update bricht ab, mysql ist tot.
    Habe dann mittels Neukonfig von I-MSCP (parameter bei der autoinstall aus Forum) mariadb installiert, weil sich mysql 5.1 absolut nicht mehr installieren ließ (weder mit apt-get install -f noch mit dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.1; immer brach die Install beim Neustart von mysqld ab und berichtete, dass da ein Fehler sei - es war sogar mal komplett die my.cnf in /etc/mysql leer, was nach dem dpkg-reconfigure zumindest wieder "besser" wurde...).
    I-MSCP läuft jetzt wieder, es scheint auch irgendwas bei den Mails zu gehen, allerdings kommen keine im Postfach an, in Thunderbird versenden geht ohne Fehler, TB meldet sich auch am IMAP-Server an nur werden keine Mails abgeholt...
    Am Webmail kann man sich auch nicht anmelden, es kommt die bekannte Fehlermeldung, dass die Anmeldung am Speicherserver fehlgeschlagen sei.
    Nun ist guter Rat teuer, bitte um Hilfe....

• Well, to resume your sentences, nothing is working... Maybe you should learn more about linux?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Well, to resume your sentences, nothing is working... Maybe you should learn more about linux?

:) Right - It's never ever enogh to know about linux...and if the thinks changing faster its more exhausting to stay up to date...

Now all thinks except roundcube does work rather well - mail runs, sending and receive, login from mail-clients like thunderbird (greylisting did appear on the target-echo-server, therfore it came not back and I was irritated)

It would be of interest for me, why did the todays update from i-mscp destroi the installation of mysql. I've done some updates before without any problems, it was no failure nor any trouble to see...
    It was nothing changed at the configuration on the server in the last time - only todays update/upgrade from the updatescript.

I need some help to get roundcube running, maybe someone has a hint to me?

• re;

If you need online support, PM me. It's more faster for me to show you via teamviewer how to process.

• Thanks, but now all thinks went fine.
    The config-files of roundcube seems to be with bugs in actual brunch.
    It sholt be
    $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost';
    $rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost';
    and not a sub.sub.domain.name

Thanks of the infos in http://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.ph…uirrelmail_with_roundcube I could solve the problem myself.

Thank you for all food of tough and for the good work with i-mscp.
    I like it and use it very much, I wish that it would be a well known player on the oss-market...

The thread could be market as solved, how could this be done?

• Hello ;

Well, for now, this method is working but in near future, when the multi-server feature will be ready, this will only work if Roundcube and the IMAP/SMTP servers will be hosted on same server.

Normally, when you are using external DNS server, you must simply set your DNS correctly (add the needed entries).

Thank you for using i-MSCP

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().