DNS question: Email and DNS service without webhosting

• Hi,

we would provide email and DNS services for a domain without webhost.
    The webhost service is being provided by another company.

If I create this domain, the DNS zone contents the @ and www host by default and I can't change it. I tried to set an custom DNS record for 'www' but after that the 'www' has two IP-addresses and the bind9 is doing RoundRubin load-balacing.

Can I somehow change the IP-addresses of domain and 'www' host record?

Furthermore at the Add custom DNS record I can't add 'A' item if I write the @ or * sign in the Name field:
    "Cannot validate A record: Invalid NAME"

• this feature is not implemented yet, but it is on wishlist already and is planned for future. probably in 1.2.0 after 1.1.0 will become final.

• this feature is not implemented yet, but it is on wishlist already and is planned for future. probably in 1.2.0 after 1.1.0 will become final.

I found these two tickets about DNS-modification:
    - #110 - Feature - Full DNS Control
    - #430 - Ehancement - Allow custom wildcard DNS record

The #430 issue is about only the wildcard ('*') DNS record.
    I red the #110 ticket too, but after that I think it never will be ready.
    However I would like to change the IP-addresses of domain and 'www' host (and maybe 'ftp' host).
    As bomas wrote at http://trac.i-mscp.net/ticket/110#comment:8 but nobody answered for it.

• ticket #110 will definitely be ready. possibly sooner than you assume (like i said, probably in early 1.2.0 beta phase)
    there are more tickets about DNS, they all will be fixed, after major priorities are done.