Feature request for Mozilla .well-known folder

• Hello Guys,

First i apologize me for my bad english, but i hope you can understand me.

I've searched in this forum about this feature, i hope this is not a double topic. ;)

Mozilla (Thunderbird) has a database to identify correct settings for mail adress, but mostly is the own domainname not known in this database. Now has mozilla a nice function for unknown hosts. You can added in folder htdocs a subfolder called .well-known with a configfile for settings.
    The correct path with file is:
    /htdocs/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/config-v1.1.xml

I've added this path with file to folder "skel" and now i can create an domain and the file with path are automatic created. Autoconfig for mail adress worked fine.

Now my question:
    Is it possible to added this function to the default installation from imscp?

For more information you can see it here:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/…derbird/Autoconfiguration

Thanks for your great work!
    Bye Rabuntu

Files

Es gibt viele Wege Danke zu sagen, der Einfachste ist das auch zu tun.

Herzlichen Dank - Merci beaucoup -- Большое спасибо -- Thank you very much -- Muchas gracias

• Well, it's so easy for the administrators to add that file into their skeleton directory that I don't think it's really needed to provide it out of the box. ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi,

You are right. But i think it is very useful for people with many customers with thunderbird as mailclient.

A ticket for this is a nice idea. gOOvER

If it not is added, perhaps can their help me, to describe this feature to wiki/FAQ & HowTo´s later.

Bye

Es gibt viele Wege Danke zu sagen, der Einfachste ist das auch zu tun.

Herzlichen Dank - Merci beaucoup -- Большое спасибо -- Thank you very much -- Muchas gracias

Edited once, last by rabuntu ().

• I think this is a silly feature as it only takes 3 to 10 seconds to create any folder for whatever purpose. If there's one thing that I hate, it's having things to look at in my tree that I'm not expecting to be there. Sometimes my Filezilla window will cover just the right amount of space where I can view my last folder at the bottom of my tree structure ... which is now obscured by having this irritating .well-known folder pop up inexplicably out of nowhere. By adding such an unimportant function as a default, it should be made possible to disable this "feature" by the user.
    I don't want those .well-known folders ... but now they're forced on me.
    Geee, thanks a lot. :thumbdown:

• @LinWinux

Don't worry, we will never add such feature. It is already possible for the administrator to customize Web folder skeletons (which are persistent)...

• Hmmmm ... the reason for my reply was because that's exactly what's happening for me right now when I check some of the htdocs folders in domains with Filezilla. My wife and I have had Thunderbird as our default mail client on our desktops & laptops for the past 5 to 10 years, ever since Outlook Express became obscure. We've also had our private vServer for personal stuff during the past 20 years and we've used i-mscp for the past 3 years (very very nice CP by the way). :thumbsup:

But only as of a few weeks ago when we installed the latest i-mscp update at that time, did I start noticing those .well-known folders on some of the domains ... presumably domains which contain working emails ??? I thought this was an i-mscp issue because I can't figure out for the life of me how or why mozilla would be able to "force" such folders to appear in my domain structure. I'm not an admin, but logic always told me ??? that email folders belong to email apps and htdocs folders with all of their contents belong to domains. Yet now I'm seeing such folders in my htdocs tree ... ?(

• @LinWinux

I can garanti that i-MSCP itself doesn't create any .well-known folder.

Please, give us the result of the following command on your i-MSCP server

Code
    1. # ls -alR /etc/imscp/skel/

Also, for the domains for which you see those folders, give us the PHP application installed in them if any.

@mrpink Any plugin which could create such folder?